Historically A Very Good Year

Daz_Blue said:
Remaining fixtures .....how many points ?

Man City v Chelsea Sun 24 Feb 13:30 1

Aston Villa v Man City Mon 4 Mar 20:00 1

Man City v Wigan Sat 9 Mar 15:00 3

Everton v Man City Sat 16 Mar 12:45 0

Man City v Newcastle Sat 30 Mar 15:00 3

Man Utd v Man City Mon 8 Apr 20:00 0

Man City v West Brom Sat 13 Apr 15:00 3

Tottenham v Man City Sat 20 Apr 15:00 0

Man City v West Ham Sat 27 Apr 15:00 3

Swansea v Man City Sat 4 May 15:00 0

Reading v Man City Sun 12 May 15:00 3

Man City v Norwich Sun 19 May 16:00 3

I predict 20 points .....

So we have lost 3 times in 26 games so far this season but you reckon we'll lose another 4 in 12?

Caveman said:
If we finish second this season it will only be the tenth (10) time in our entire history (a history that has seen us viewed as one of the premier club of this country a few times) that we've finished in the top three (3) of the top league. We might even win a cup with that too, making it one of our greatest ever seasons.
Well in terms of our history, we could come 5th and I'm guessing that would be a very decent season. But if we did come 5th with this squad, I think most people would recognise it had been a terrible season.

Coming second I can accept, even despite the fact that we've surrendered our title in February. The worst thing about this season lies in the fact that with this team we SHOULD all be looking forward to a huge European game tonight. These are the kind of special footballing nights that all my United supporting friends in Madrid are looking forward to tonight. Not winning one game in the CL and failing to get through last year is a monumental blot on Mancini's tenure at the club.

I can't believe people will be unhappy if we finish 2nd in the Premier League. After all the terrible football i've seen at City since 1985 i'm more than happy finishing in the top 3.
We were level with the rags last year and then weakened our squad by replacing De Jong & Johnson and they signed one of the best strikers in the world so i never expected to be above them this season.
Staying in the top 3 for the next few years and winning a few cups will do for me

Standards change, though. Yes, this would historically be a good season. But we have the best squad in the league. We rightfully won the title last season by being the best team. We hoped that on the back of that, we would push on; get stronger and solidify our position as finally being the best team in the country. The actual reality is extremely disappointing. We all had such high hopes for this season, and we've come short in EVERY SINGLE regard. This season has been awful, and that is sugar-coating it.

Fuzzy Logic said:
I can't believe people will be unhappy if we finish 2nd in the Premier League. After all the terrible football i've seen at City since 1985 i'm more than happy finishing in the top 3.
We were level with the rags last year and then weakened our squad by replacing De Jong & Johnson and they signed one of the best strikers in the world so i never expected to be above them this season.
Staying in the top 3 for the next few years and winning a few cups will do for me

Coming 2nd isn't the problem for me (not that 2nd is guaranteed), it is the manner in which we are coming 2nd. Same with the CL. I knew the group was tough, didn't necessarily expect to go through but it was the manner of the exit.

Santiago Street . said:
2012/2013 that is

On course to finish in the top 2 which given that we've only won the league 3 times makes this our joint 4th best season ever. Squad full of brilliant players. A manager who wins a trophy virtually every year no matter where he is. Brand spanking new ground sold out every week. Hundreds of millions being invested in new academy and various other infrastructure and community projects. Owners with gazillions in the bank poised to splash some close season cash on another superstar.

WHY AREN'T YOU HAPPY
Because we don't seem to be moving forward as a club. Do you want us to be another Blackburn or Arsenal?

Some seem to view progress match by match, which is clearly ridiculous.

We are constantly comparing this season to last and this season to the same period last season, but henceforth are we going to sack a manager every time we go through a season without winning the League, or winning a trophy?

Are we progressing as a club is a fair question but I think the owners have to look at more than just the results season by season. They need to take soundings from their own Execs and look at the context - transfers, injuries, the competition, their assessment of the manager's strengths and weaknesses, who is available etc

Lancet Fluke said:
Fuzzy Logic said:

Coming 2nd isn't the problem for me (not that 2nd is guaranteed), it is the manner in which we are coming 2nd. Same with the CL. I knew the group was tough, didn't necessarily expect to go through but it was the manner of the exit.

I love City. Have for as many of my 45 years as I can remember. I am celebrating another season not being relegated... but this season does hurt, because it's such a waste. We don't have Darren Huckerby and a handful of plucky players toiling against teams with greater riches. We had an opportunity this year to do something special.. play some great football.. and instead, we've played uninspired, predictable and ineffective football and found a way to take a squad two deep with international players in the prime of their careers and play down or even below the level of teams with much weaker squads. I'll support City no matter what and go to every game I can, but we don't know if we'll always be able to pick up great new players and have a squad good enough to win everything. Life is short, and it just feels like we didn't come to win this season.

bluemanhatton said:
Daz_Blue said:
Remaining fixtures .....how many points ?

Man City v Chelsea Sun 24 Feb 13:30 1

Aston Villa v Man City Mon 4 Mar 20:00 1

Man City v Wigan Sat 9 Mar 15:00 3

Everton v Man City Sat 16 Mar 12:45 0

Man City v Newcastle Sat 30 Mar 15:00 3

Man Utd v Man City Mon 8 Apr 20:00 0

Man City v West Brom Sat 13 Apr 15:00 3

Tottenham v Man City Sat 20 Apr 15:00 0

Man City v West Ham Sat 27 Apr 15:00 3

Swansea v Man City Sat 4 May 15:00 0

Reading v Man City Sun 12 May 15:00 3

Man City v Norwich Sun 19 May 16:00 3

I predict 20 points .....

So we have lost 3 times in 26 games so far this season but you reckon we'll lose another 4 in 12?

Yes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.