Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

Not seen the game but fairly evident we need another body in midfield. De Bruyne and Foden will be a huge add but I would love another midfielder.

Speechless.........yet conversely so much I want to say but, I don’t know where to start. Maybe best left unsaid my brain can’t get my head around our Champions league performances this season.

I thought we played well and dominated the game away from home. Not scintillating but Hoffenheim dug in at home. They didn't park the bus but they were definitely it counter-attacking mode.

Hoffenheim pushed out first half but that was close to bus parking in the second half.

Officials were no worse than ever or indeed than expected.

Hoffenheim had a makeshift defence, and we really should have had the game wrapped up by halftime.

With the exception of Silva, Kompany, and Aguero, the rest of the starting outfield players continue to show difficulty in closing the gap between the domestic and European game. Too many poor touches, sloppy passes, and too many static players. These teams will not give the ball back so readily and will invariably punish mistakes. We had to put far more energy into winning that than we probably expected.

Am away on business in the US and could not watch the match. what did the ref do, as in concrete examples? I only read that it was "physical" ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.