Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

Didn't see the match. How was the ref?
05d.jpg

Great win despite a shocking performance from the referee. Some really good performances from Sergio, Sane and Gundogan. MOTM was Merlin, simply a delight to watch.

Those saying "Walker could have got sent off" are doing so because we had a shite ref who wanted to give the opposition every chance of an upset. Had it been a none city player in the CL I doubt many would have said that could have been a red because it was a yellow card all day long. Still didn't like him diving in like that mind you, no point in risking it.

Course it was a sending off. He flew in both feet of the ground, until he landed, and his studs up. Shocking challenge.

Does not excuse the pen or the throw in but lets at least be fair about things. If that was done against a City player the consensus on this forum would be a red.

Great win despite a shocking performance from the referee. Some really good performances from Sergio, Sane and Gundogan. MOTM was Merlin, simply a delight to watch.

Really good performance from Gundogan? I have not seen the game but everyone was saying he was shite.

I think some folk are vastly overplaying the ref's impact tonight.

Yes, Sane should have had a pen and we were given nothing, but none of that excuses the lack of fluidity we had until Gundogan was taken off.

I hope Pep learnt some things about his midfield tonight, because Gundogan must be hooked for big games and Bernardo allowed to dictate the tempo. It's no coincidence David finally got free once Bernardo stepped in.
Is the right answer

I really, really wanted a goal to come of that absolutely magical twisting and turning dribble he had where he had literally five Hoffenheim players crowding him and still managed to get out of it and make a brilliant forward pass to one of ours on the edge of their box.

Reminds me of that legendary dribble and pass against Everton.

That said, Gundogan having a good performance? I am doubting you watched the match and are now just chancing it with “Silva was great”, as you know there’s a very high chance you are right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.