Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

Those saying "Walker could have got sent off" are doing so because we had a shite ref who wanted to give the opposition every chance of an upset. Had it been a none city player in the CL I doubt many would have said that could have been a red because it was a yellow card all day long. Still didn't like him diving in like that mind you, no point in risking it.

Valencia just committed a very similar foul, never even been mentioned it's a potential red card....

I have to admit that I didn't really want VAR. Now they can't bring it in quick enough for me.

Although I'm sure they'll still find a way to screw us once it's in place.

Fantastic win tonight given the circumstances.

From the BBC match commentary:

How on earth have City not won a penalty here? Baffling. Leroy Sane is played in on goal and goes around Oliver Baumann. The goalkeeper catches him and Sane, who would almost have an open goal, goes down.
Everyone waits for the penalty but the referee gives nothing. A huge let-off.
There was definitely contact. If VAR was in action, that's a penalty.

Ref was crap and biased. But if he were committed why didn’t he send off walker? Why didn’t he book Laporte for blatant hold on hoff counter? There may be legitimate strategy to cheating us - like you more deny city positive things than hit city with negative things. Or maybe you mix it up. But it’s not entirely obvious or well executed; would be curious if there’s a pattern to any of it.
Cause they try to cover up the blatanancy with a few token city fouls given throughout the game so the can hide behind something.

Just to reply to your match thread post, I go to all the home matches, the booing of the anthem has quietened down considerably in the past couple of seasons from where I sit (CB Level 2). And Savage doesn’t annoy me because I watched on Dutch Ziggo Sports on Satellite, can’t stand listening to BT pundits. Was the commentary anti City as usual?
I listen to the sindicated Bein broadcast. Can’t stand BT.

Wow, even Robbie Savage said that all the decisions were going Hoffenheim way.
So did Dunne in the studio. In fact they all said it.
Zab and Dunne and whoever the blond in the studio were not overplaying it but you could tell they all know the score.

That ref should be dropped.
Came very close to keeping a clean sheet. But not good enough.
4-1 is not the same as 5-0.

From the BBC match commentary:

How on earth have City not won a penalty here? Baffling. Leroy Sane is played in on goal and goes around Oliver Baumann. The goalkeeper catches him and Sane, who would almost have an open goal, goes down.
Everyone waits for the penalty but the referee gives nothing. A huge let-off.
There was definitely contact. If VAR was in action, that's a penalty.
I am shocked.

Not sarcasm, I am genuinely shocked that BBC commentary posted that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.