Hoffenheim away travel

They have them running pretty regularly throughout the day from the station or the airport to Heidelberg
That's good to hear SF - heading to the airport in a couple of hours. Are the directions to the station where I can get a train to Heidelberg obvious in the airport terminal?

That's good to hear SF - heading to the airport in a couple of hours. Are the directions to the station where I can get a train to Heidelberg obvious in the airport terminal?
Pretty easy to follow.
The signs are in green and have a picture of a train on them.
If you are going to Heidelberg from the airport you need a different train to the S bahn that runs into Frankfurt station

No. Cologne is in Nordrhein Westfalen... North Rhenan....???

The question is, how much time you have... Tickets like the Germany ticket or the cheaper state tickets just let you go with the regional trains, not the speed trains. From Frankfurt or Stuttgart to e.g. Heidelberg that might cost you an extra hour, often a lot less. From Cologne the difference it takes less than 2 hours with the ICE but nearly 5 with the regional trains with extra train changes.

You would go through atleast 3 different German states, so probably in case you would prefer the cheaper trains you should take the Germany ticket we talked about. Some have put links for it in this thread,

If you go alone it could be even cheaper booking online the normal fare. You have to look into the schedule and the booking page of the Deutsche Bahn as different connections as well as different tickets for it - some are not refundable or bound to taking that train - cost differently.

Cheapest is probaly Flixbus. Booked online it costs from 13,99 Eur, but the latest possible trip to Heidelberg starts 8:30 and arrives 13:10. There is 2 busses to Mannheim at 10:30 and 13:25 arriving in Mannheim at 2 pm and 4 pm 30. Problem with the busses is that they often are late.
Hi - just a quick question as you appear to know the situation - I due to land 1630 at Frankfurt airport and will be wanting to get the fastest route to Heidelberg

If there is such a time difference in train routes - how do I select the fastest - is there a particular line that I should head for the speed trains - is that ICE?

@mcfc1632
If you go on the Deutsche Bahn website you will be able to do a search from Frankfurt airport to Heidelberg and it will list the trains available from the date and time you put in, including cost
@SF - do not want to use you like a travel agent - but a quick look at the DB website shows a need to change at Manheim - is that what you found? - just that I was expecting to find that there are direct trains

Cheers

@SF - do not want to use you like a travel agent - but a quick look at the DB website shows a need to change at Manheim - is that what you found? - just that I was expecting to find that there are direct trains

Cheers
We are not using the train, but I do remember that some did have a change at Mannheim, can’t remember there were any direct ones

There is no direct connection, you have to change at Mannheim. The ICE comes from Hamburg via Frankfurt, Mannheim and ends in Stuttgart.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.