Holding my nerves

The danger is a repeat of this. We reached the summit of being premier league winners for the first time. Mancini wanted De Rossi and Cavani. From a position of maximum strength we have seen Bellingham and Rice have slipped through the net. Not sure it will happen here, but will Pep be bothered about the landscape after two years. We could be left with an ageing squad and experience a similar fate as Utd, post Ferguson.

Attachments

• IMG_0958.jpeg
    IMG_0958.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 66
The danger is a repeat of this. We reached the summit of being premier league winners for the first time. Mancini wanted De Rossi and Cavani. From a position of maximum strength we have seen Bellingham and Rice have slipped through the net. Not sure it will happen here, but will Pep be bothered about the landscape after two years. We could be left with an ageing squad and experience a similar fate as Utd, post Ferguson.

That awful window was down to FFP.

Had we not had our hands tied behind our backs, we would have brought in far more quality and could have potentially won the league back to back.

We don't have the same issue this time around.

That awful window was down to FFP.

Had we not had our hands tied behind our backs, we would have brought in far more quality and could have potentially won the league back to back.

We don't have the same issue this time around.

True. I look to last summer when we did remarkably well in selling. We need the same here. I’d be bold and totally revamp the squad. Who knows what punishments could come from the investigation, even if it was a transfer ban, cover the bases now. Get the squad up to 20 senior players and bring the average age down to 25. Gvardiol will be a monster here. Shame about Bellingham and Rice. I’m d take a punt on Joao Felix, experienced the league and there is a player there, for Pep to refine.
No need to panic, but thie tactic of not getting involved in a bidding war is concerning as the best players will always have competition, and only a select few are good enough to come to City.

I guess that was Plan A, to get Bellingham and Gvardiol in and renew with Gundo on top of these, and we most likely made them targets long before we knew we will win the treble.

True. I look to last summer when we did remarkably well in selling. We need the same here. I’d be bold and totally revamp the squad. Who knows what punishments could come from the investigation, even if it was a transfer ban, cover the bases now. Get the squad up to 20 senior players and bring the average age down to 25. Gvardiol will be a monster here. Shame about Bellingham and Rice. I’m d take a punt on Joao Felix, experienced the league and there is a player there, for Pep to refine.
No need to panic, but thie tactic of not getting involved in a bidding war is concerning as the best players will always have competition, and only a select few are good enough to come to City.
Agree on Joao Felix...

Trying hard to hold my nerves, but I think some of our older players might be thinking they have achieved all they can with City. Gundogan has left already, Walker, Mahrez, Bernado, Laporte, Cancelo also seem unsettled, if they all go I can’t see how we can establish new signings in the summer to settle in. Kovacic is an experienced Premier League player, but I hope we can keep Silva and Walker, at least until any new signings settle in.
58A8C5B4-DA0C-446B-9378-FDA9BD7A0754.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.