Holiday advice

Was due to go to Nerja 8/9. Ryanair have offered us a refund today but mainly because our flight times were changed. We've taken the refund, as much as it pained me to do so. Main issue was that our employers will not pay any salary if we have to quarantine on our return. Seems a bit unfair when we booked before all this started,back in January. Neither of us can afford to lose 2 weeks wages and neither of us has enough annual leave left to cover any quarantine, which is the only other option.
Pissed off to put it mildly.

Was due to go to Nerja 8/9. Ryanair have offered us a refund today but mainly because our flight times were changed. We've taken the refund, as much as it pained me to do so. Main issue was that our employers will not pay any salary if we have to quarantine on our return. Seems a bit unfair when we booked before all this started,back in January. Neither of us can afford to lose 2 weeks wages and neither of us has enough annual leave left to cover any quarantine, which is the only other option.
I'd be interested to know what the law would be on something like this. Because technically you're off work for health reasons, even though you're not sick, but then also it's partly the equivalent of being off work because you missed a flight.

I'd be interested to know what the law would be on something like this. Because technically you're off work for health reasons, even though you're not sick, but then also it's partly the equivalent of being off work because you missed a flight.
And we have lots of homeworkers now. Not all for personal health reasons. So if they go and have to quarantine then they are unaffected and will still be paid. Yet we are all, essentially, on the same contracts.
We have approached the union about it.

Hmm some strange stuff going on with Jet2 flights for Majorca had been changed to 3 and bit hours later than booked which rips half a day out of the holiday and I had payed more for the earlier flights, got through today to see if I could either get the extra money paid back or change to the next day which still has the early departure time.
I was told no dice on the refund just tough shit T&C’s so the booking for the Friday was looked into for the same package only to be told that the trip is flagged and the hotel is actually shut down which is mighty odd seeing as both Jet2 and the hotel directly are still taking bookings.

Feel for you but money saved and you will have an even better holiday once restrictions blow over and we can go abroad a bit more freely again. Get the feet up in September anyway even if it's at home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.