Holiday advice

Was looking at Wales, Yorkshire or Lakes but very limited availability.

Should come to Northern ireland - take the ferry and loads of natural beauty to explore (can get top to bottom is few hours). Its still UK so under similar rules as rest of Britain for Covid, £ currency and would feel like you are getting away a bit.

We were looking at Lakes or seaside for August, and it's all shitholes or extornionate pricing. Ditching all mini-break plans for this year.

Just had a real result Denis. Tui have indeed cancelled all holidays to the Spanish islands up to and including the 10th August, so we immediately rang them up being the pro active sausages we are and spent 10 minutes haggling over a 10% or 20% incentive discount voucher. Then she quips up and says why not swap your holiday with me Right Now! and I'll give you a £500 booking incentive instead, so I agreed and she remained there whist I quickly picked one out. Safest place for us will be Greece and especially Crete as it's an island we both love and relatively Covid free. Anyway she said we could have our £140 pp holiday fee transferred over to another holiday equating to our already paid £280 + the £500 so a £780 credit. So we grabbed 2 weeks in Stalis (stalida) for £900 with only £120 more to pay. So it worked out at £200 each for a fortnight in Stalis and right on the beach. Stalis is a wicked resort carrying with it an air of sophistication for discerning holiday makers such as our good self and nothing like that neighbouring resort of Malia where the spaced out clubbers rave n chill out. Having said that we did enjoy our stay in Malia a few years back doing the clubs and dry ice, falling in with a great crowd of young bluds who took us under their wing so well done TUI. Anyone having to cancel their existing trip due to the Covid menace then there's a £500 incentive ready and waiting for you. Happy holidays and stay safe.

Only issue with Greece is that anyone who tests positive on your plane from random testing results in you having to quarantine for 2 weeks, so opted for Turkey instead.

That was my understanding anyway, could well be wrong.

Only issue with Greece is that anyone who tests positive on your plane from random testing results in you having to quarantine for 2 weeks, so opted for Turkey instead.

That was my understanding anyway, could well be wrong.

I'll check that out Scottie and thanks for the heads up because with TUI I can actually change this booking up to 24 hours before travel without incurring a charge. The way the TUI cancellation incentives work is that if your holiday is not going ahead they contact you or you contact them from the info off their corona advisory page. They then offer you a voucher for up to 20% of your cancelled holiday. After this if you want cashing up you have to request it after you receive their 20% voucher. However, and this is where it gets tasty.. If you re-book another holiday within7 days you get £500 credit towards a dearer holiday which quite frankly is astoundingly good of them in the current economic climate. If anyone was confident enough they could book a trip to Menorca all inclusive for 3 days for £150 leaving on the 12th August with a strong chance of it being cancelled. Then you could pick the holiday you really wanted with an immediate £500 incentive gift. If the holiday did go ahead then whats not to like @3 days all inclusive a ton and a half. Free money can never be a bad thing and I hope you enjoy Turkey mate.

Last edited:
Question to the forum
Would you go to Tenerife in October?
I'm due to go on 16th but seriously considering cancelling it. It doesn't seem right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.