Holiday advice

I paid it all months ago before all coronavirus started

Depends if you've booked it as an ATOL package or not, but it's pointless cancelling anything now anyway.
It's not even August yet and you've already paid for everything, just leave everything as it is and see what the next 2 months bring.

I'll check that out Scottie and thanks for the heads up because with TUI I can actually change this booking up to 24 hours before travel without incurring a charge. The way the TUI cancellation incentives work is that if your holiday is not going ahead they contact you or you contact them from the info off their corona advisory page. They then offer you a voucher for up to 20% of your cancelled holiday if you do not re book withing 7 days. After this if you want cashing up you have to request it after you receive their 20% voucher. However, and this is where it gets tasty.. If you re-book another holiday within7 days you get £500 credit towards a dearer holiday which quite frankly is astoundingly good of them in the current economic climate. If anyone was confident enough they could book a trip to Menorca all inclusive for 3 days for £150 leaving on the 12th August with a strong chance of it being cancelled. Then you could pick the holiday you really wanted with an immediate £500 incentive gift. If the holiday did go ahead then whats not to like @3 days all inclusive a ton and a half. Free money can never be a bad thing and I hope you enjoy Turkey mate.

Easy jet the easiest book a cheap flight to go to a country that will get cancelled and then when they email you rebook a more expensive one for free of charge. I know someone with flights going all over now like 40 quid a pop for a years time.

Drove to France this week, tunnel, etc. Somme is very rural and we stayed at a B&B with owners we know. R rate in that region is 0.2. Most facilities open and very well managed for distancing.

Drove to France this week, tunnel, etc. Somme is very rural and we stayed at a B&B with owners we know. R rate in that region is 0.2. Most facilities open and very well managed for distancing.
When I've had my second cataract operation (first one last week) and am signed off as OK, all I need is my licence back from DVLA, and I'll be on that Shuttle asap. I know a nice little gite in Hesdin 10 minutes walk to the centre, with 2 decent restaurants in the square.
Not been able to go to France for 5 years due to medical problems, and also am running short of Calvados.

£700 we had to pay Ryanair to change flights to next year. Certainly won’t be using them again after next year. Basically our hotel cancelled our booking in Lanzarote but got the full refund. We booked the flights separate but because the flight is still going ahead we couldn’t claim on our insurance, so the only option was to change flights rather than lose the £1500 quid for a family of 4. £700 for the privilege of changing how the hell do they get away with it !!

£700 we had to pay Ryanair to change flights to next year. Certainly won’t be using them again after next year. Basically our hotel cancelled our booking in Lanzarote but got the full refund. We booked the flights separate but because the flight is still going ahead we couldn’t claim on our insurance, so the only option was to change flights rather than lose the £1500 quid for a family of 4. £700 for the privilege of changing how the hell do they get away with it !!

Because they prey on people in unfortunate positions like yourself, you end up being almost forced to pay it. Do that to a few hundred people a month and that's a fair few salaries and drinks at the Ryanair Xmas do paid for.

Sure you'll have a great time when you eventually get there and there is a definitely a life lesson learnt; something along the lines of don't do business with Ryanair, especially during a pandemic. They'd rob the eyes out of your head then come back for the sockets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.