Holiday advice

Got to feel for these companies who are doing the right thing unlike that twat at Ryanair. I can see leads going under and him gobbling up all the routes.

Who's had a refund on their TUI hotel only booking?
How did you go about it and did they agree to the refund without fuss?

I've got 3 I need to put in for lol

The day you get notification contact them straight away as it's a fabulous incentive. Maybe start looking now for alternatives so you are ready to strike. Can be used toward any holiday up to the back end of October next year. Greece is still looking sweet for now.
Well had my email this morning, they'd moved us from the small & friendly S/C hotel where we know the owners very well to another small and friendly operation on another part of Rhodes which to be fair had good reviews however, from your previous comments we'd pinged a AI hotel on the north of the Island with great reviews which is on the beach along with a decent room upgrade which all came in at £491...all covered by TUI so nil cost to us.

So overall jobs a good 'un, much bigger hotel but no extra costs & unless we go out free food & drink (5 different onsite restaurants which probably saves us around £1K.

Well had my email this morning, they'd moved us from the small & friendly S/C hotel where we know the owners very well to another small and friendly operation on another part of Rhodes which to be fair had good reviews however, from your previous comments we'd pinged a AI hotel on the north of the Island with great reviews which is on the beach along with a decent room upgrade which all came in at £491...all covered by TUI so nil cost to us.

So overall jobs a good 'un, much bigger hotel but no extra costs & unless we go out free food & drink (5 different onsite restaurants which probably saves us around £1K.

Happy days mate and glad they obliged. All inclusive you say?

Happy days mate and glad they obliged. All inclusive you say?
Yeah not ever done one in Greece as the Tavernas are usually an experience, this hotel has numerous different restaurants on-site and reviews say food is good so in these trying times etc eat, back to the room with the free mini bar sounds the way forward.

Yeah not ever done one in Greece as the Tavernas are usually an experience, this hotel has numerous different restaurants on-site and reviews say food is good so in these trying times etc eat, back to the room with the free mini bar sounds the way forward.

You pecured a brilliant result there mate, swam the channel and covered in sea weed. Nice when the tour companies offer something back and in TUI's case their £500 incentive has been an absolute godsend. Happy holidays.

Last edited:
Yeah last couple of days haven't been great but they are still comfortably below that 20 threshold.
If it continues into next week then we might have potential issues.

Myself and my mate, who were initially due to go to Gran Canaria on the weekend of 25/9, which we then rebooked for Crete, are now doing Perugia (?) that weekend, and Italy aren't a million miles away from the 20 per 100k limit.
If that goes belly up then I think the plan is to rebook for Krakow.

Holidays are stressful but I bring it on myself by booking so many trips during a pandemic haha

Does anyone know the situation with Spain at the moment? Supposed to be going to Ibiza in October but unlikely to be able to go as my other half can't quaratine for 14 days, upon return, as she would have to take it as unpaid leave. Can you still travel there? Is so, is anything open & what are the local restrictions? Flight is booked with Ryan Air, was booked a year ago, are they cancelling flights to Spain at the moment or still running them to keep the money?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.