Holiday advice

We loved it, never felt unsafe out and about, again the locals are all bang on, you can go where you like from what I experienced. The beaches are the best part for me, all the different shacks where you can stay all day, sunbeds, beers, freshly cooked lunch, more beers, coffees, whatever £25 tops for 2 for the whole day, couldn't fault it and can't wait to return.
We were in Candolim, booked it via TUI's bucket site, https://www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk stayed at Aldeia Santa Rita, can highly recommend it, although not luxury by any means we couldn't fault any aspect of it, food, staff. location, all were spot on.
so is the nightlife is on the beaches?, and then going to town another option in a tuk tuk thing, looking at some of the hotel pics on TUI they seem quite further back in the trees,il check your hotel out, thanks

so is the nightlife is on the beaches?, and then going to town another option in a tuk tuk thing, looking at some of the hotel pics on TUI they seem quite further back in the trees,il check your hotel out, thanks
Most of the entertainment is on the main Baga to Candalim road (if you can call it that).
Loads of pubs sports bars and eateries awaiting your kind perusal. Walk-able from Baga to Calangute roundabout and a few decent bars around that area including Molly Mollones for all your diddle dee dee fixes.

Some good restaurants and you can easily spend a full night just chilling and eating. The beach bars are open and accessible from the main road and usually have music and a few fireworks to entertain. A few good clubs in the Calangutte area if that's your bag with some awesome trance music doing the rounds. If you want to spend a nice day listening to good music then nip up north to Vagator and spend the day at a shack. Taxi driver will wait for you and just work a price between you.

A lot of the hotels are on the main drag such as Ronils and whispering palm with others scattered around like the Marinha Dourada @ inland Arpora that has some good fishing lakes. Stayed here twice and although only a 2 to 3 star gaff the location is banging and you can walk into the Arpora village easily. Some good bars where the locals sup and for absolute pennies. We have stayed down south Goa a few times at calvelosim and benaulim and whilst more quiter it has the better beaches. Palolim is a gem

You can hire a bike if your confident enough to swerve around elephants and goats or use the very good bus service that is silly cheap. I do not think I would consider going until the virus has been put to bed. Its a third world country and if I do get maudlin whilst overseas I would prefer a more up to date infrastructure.

Last edited:
No worries, there is nightlife on the beaches but the town is only 150yds off the beach, our hotel had it's own little sandy path down to the sea, 2 minutes walk, beautiful way to start every day. I've so much more to learn myself but we did as much as we could in the 2 weeks, tuk tuks, bus rides are mental, loved it, visited a proper busy town, Mapusa, that wasn't full of tourists, wandering round the crowded market taking it all in, my mrs never once felt uneasy, mind you she grew up in Speke.

I learnt loads before we went, mainly from Trip advisor forums and two gun bob on here, he's been a couple of times, eg, arrange a cab from the airport before you go, it's the best part of an hours drive, which can turn into 3 hours if you're last off the coach, cabs are about £20, made a huge difference to us after a 9hr+ flight.
We went AI, although everyone said don't bother, can see why they say that because eating out is cheap and plentiful, however, if we get back there we'll use the same hotel and go AI, the price wasn't much different and I was confident through reading reviews that the food was worth staying in for, it was the best I've ever had, still went out on the evenings after tea.
There are probably plenty of aspects to it that won't suit some, just depends on your expectations, for us it's about relaxing, wandering aimlessly, feeling welcome and relatively safe at any time of day or night if out and about, also high up our list is to feel like we've spent our hard earned wisely, Goa ticked all those boxes for us.

Calangutte high street

4XwxZXV.jpg

Our favourite shack in Baga.

Lgr1mqW.jpg

FYI - The Spanish PM has said he expects Spain to be open for tourism when they have vaccinated 70% of the population which he expects will be the end of summer 2021.
Spanish minister for tourism said this isn't correct and tourists are expected as soon as the airways open, possibly by the end of spring.

I'd guess the PM trumps the tourism minister but clearly its just our govt giving out mixed messages
You'd think so but for him to specifically come out and say the prime minister was wrong I'd guess he had the OK to do it. Clearly no one has a clue, but my gut feel is the Spanish will want tourists back as soon as possible.

You'd think so but for him to specifically come out and say the prime minister was wrong I'd guess he had the OK to do it. Clearly no one has a clue, but my gut feel is the Spanish will want tourists back as soon as possible.

lets hope the do it from a place of confidence not blind hope like we seem to do here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.