Holidays

We did a couple of weeks in Cornwall last year. Polperro was my favourite place, some stunning cliff top walks round there.

Had a week in a cottage there a couple of years ago, right on the harbour, was lovely, if very crowded during the day, but blissfully quiet of an evening. Yeah, some great walks, our dogs loved it.

We are in an amazingly great converted blacksmith cottage this year, in Cardinham on the edge of Bodmin moor. Cardinham woods are fantastic for walks. It's a great location for getting about from too. Just lacking a pub in the village, lol.
https://www.corncott.com/cornwall/north-cornwall/cardinham/the-smithy-243/

Discovered a couple of new (to us) places this time ... Hayle Beach is stunning, three miles long and empty. Instow is a lovely little place too, but across the border in North Devon.

Weather has been mixed with three total washout days right across the county, (today being one of them) but hey ho, it's still superb place to be. Our dream is that one day we will be driving here, and not having to drive back .....

Last edited:
On a 2 week tour of Italy using my free travel rail pass.
Naples Rome Milan Mantova so far..
Arrive in Vicenza for 3 nights later today.Folled by 4 night's in Venice.
Great weather helps.

Italy is amazing, I like the South a little bit more due to staying there with a family when I was in my late teens and seeing it almost as a local would, we stayed in a little village in the Calabria region, up in the hills where the 'real" Mafiosa live, have fun

Italy is amazing, I like the South a little bit more due to staying there with a family when I was in my late teens and seeing it almost as a local would, we stayed in a little village in the Calabria region, up in the hills where the 'real" Mafiosa live, have fun
I will have to try the South and Sicily next year.
Go every Summer but for some reason Naples is as far south as I have travelled.
Love the north.Perfect for me with their art museums,exploring churches,coffee,ice cream and a beer outside watching the world go by.

Am I the only fucker that goes to Benidorm??, uncle peds €1 bottle, people watching all day, pissed up stag and hen do”s everywhere, what’s not to like
No.... I've just been to Palma a month or so a go for a few days....usually do Benidorm but the wife changed it for whatever reason... Needless to say it will be Benidorm in future can't beat it.... It covers all bases

Nothing now until October. Bratislava, Slovakia.

I might have two nights anywhere before then from Dublin to Turin to Malaga to Munich.

He's been from Dublin to Turin, Malaga Munich

Everywhere in a floppy hat, peoffrey looks a dick, peoffrey looks a dick.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist; )

You’re just jealous! Ask me very nicely and I’ll let you know where I get them. You need the secret handshake. The special wink.

Dublin will be visit number two. Malaga number three. Haven’t been to the other ones yet.

Having said all this, I’d look at Berlin again. Adored it.

For those that holiday in Britain is not, well, full of Brits? Best part of holidaying abroad for me is getting away from the fucking British.

In Seville as we speak. Would recommend to anyone for a long weekend. I'm actually on my main holiday in Cadiz but thought we would pop here for a night. Way too hot during the day but had 2 great tapas at two different restaurants, then had a saunter around once sun was down and it was a bit cooler. Back to Cadiz tomorrow.
Fantastic place, went a few years ago for the CL tie, absolutely loved it.

Strangely, despite spending three nights there, only met 2 or 3 Sevilla fans in the city (on non-matchdays) and one of those was a security lady at the airport coming home, all the rest were Real Betis supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.