Holidays

Just been on the piss for 3 days in Palma Nova. Even that was pricey in some bars. 9 euros for a branded short and mixer in some bars but 5/6 euros in others. Good weather and had a laugh but spent a good few quid.

Last edited:
Many have two prices for food and drinks, one for tourists, one for locals. When we stayed in Symi, which gets a lot of day trippers, and some huge cruise ships (due to it's very deep natural harbour) ... prices are high, but we was told if you show your room key as you order, you get the lower rate. Worked every time too.

Thanks for the replies

I was pissed off a bit last night. The ouzo had given me bad heartburn plus the restaurant we went, whilst it was lovely the bill for 2 of us came in at €157.

Ok, 2 bottles of red, 6 cocktails and 3 courses each did not help that but still...
You don’t get that in the Albion lol

Year before I had root canal treatment in la Palma also. So yes I considering it
You and travel don’t mix, next edition of “holiday nightmares abroad” will be a one off special featuring you and Mrs Mayo. You are either unlucky or just drink way too much. I’m not criticising, couple of seasons ago (when KDB scores that screamer v Chelsea) on a golf trip to Spain I struggled to walk to the cab rank, think Thunderbirds on crack. The Taxi driver was refusing to take me home but my mate told him I was epileptic and some somehow persuaded him. Spanish brandy is not for me.

You and travel don’t mix, next edition of “holiday nightmares abroad” will be a one off special featuring you and Mrs Mayo. You are either unlucky or just drink way too much. I’m not criticising, couple of seasons ago (when KDB scores that screamer v Chelsea) on a golf trip to Spain I struggled to walk to the cab rank, think Thunderbirds on crack. The Taxi driver was refusing to take me home but my mate told him I was epileptic and some somehow persuaded him. Spanish brandy is not for me.

Unlucky I would say. When my wife had her accident we had not had a drink. We had just been to the fort overlooking Dubrovnik where the city was defended.

Went to a restaurant for lunch.

The toothache started at Burnley away last season. We drew 1 all, that was a Sunday. We flew on the Monday. By the time we landed I was in pain.

Unlucky I would say. When my wife had her accident we had not had a drink. We had just been to the fort overlooking Dubrovnik where the city was defended.

Went to a restaurant for lunch.

The toothache started at Burnley away last season. We drew 1 all, that was a Sunday. We flew on the Monday. By the time we landed I was in pain.
Very unlucky pal, it’s always difficult when away from home, your wife’s accident made me shudder, trapping a finger hurts like mad, to lose one is just horrendous.

Very unlucky pal, it’s always difficult when away from home, your wife’s accident made me shudder, trapping a finger hurts like mad, to lose one is just horrendous.

I still have flashbacks (joking), no thought ever been given to me as I had to get it out of the chair in the vain hope it could be sewn back on..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.