Holidays

If Carlsberg did pub lunches. I get that holidays overseas are taking a hit but the British Isles still has so much to offer the errant traveller, so don't lose hope and go and explore all that we have on our own doorstep.

Anyone recognise this fine hostelry of repute? That's some mighty fine logging going on in the background to see us safely through our session. Outside temperatures of circa 6 degrees but it's not all about the fiery ball in the sky.

allMnFa.jpg

We were reliably informed from Peter a regular visitor of this twilight ale house, that the aforementioned table is late 18th century oak featuring chamfered block legs joined by peripheral stretchers. The table was in the same family’s collection for over two hundred years and has aged beautifully, with wonderful colour and patina throughout.

I tend to agree and so we took great care to use mats to further protect it's life span.
I love what you've done with your hair.

Has anyone bought one of those cruises from the TV programme Cruise1st.tv
Wife keeps going on about trips up the fjords or Alaska etc.
Not sure i'd like buying something so expensive based on tv ads. Prefer to use a physical travel agent

Not sure i'd like buying something so expensive based on tv ads. Prefer to use a physical travel agent
Booked with them twice mate and once on a repositioning cruise to Lauderdale. I think they are one of the biggest in UK so nice and safe. Competitive too.

The All inclusive Norwegian fjords no fly from Southampton doesn't look dear at under £800

If you need information then this is a great forum for everything cruise related

Last edited:
Booked with them twice mate and once on a repositioning cruise to Lauderdale. I think they are one of the biggest in UK so nice and safe. Competitive too.
Thanks for the info.
I've been on a cruise before but booked through a high street travel agent.
These cruise1st deals appear to be a good bit cheaper yet still use the larger cruise lines.

I tend to country hop when prices are at a premium. If you have time to travel then you can normally get a decent price. I appreciate this isn’t ideal for all but it’s an option.

I didn’t want to torment myself with Malaga prices in June when I’m not yet ready to book flights.

Went to Morocco in the seventies.
I only encountered barbarians.
Constantly propositioning the Mrs, chucking rocks at us if we ignored their begging, never left us alone trying to sell us tat, shit ourselves in the souk at Fez, even chucking rocks at Berbers when a coach trip stopped for a break. Went to a public pool and half the people had ringworm
But apart from that ?

Currently in las Americas Tenerife. Cost of living crisis !!!!
It’s absolutely packed and scorching !!!!
Flying back Friday tho. Bit of a game Saturday

I can't speak about Norway, no doubt it's stunning scenery but can vouch for Ak. A cruise to Juneau, Sitka would be incredible, at least from a scenic perspective

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.