Holidays

Let us know which is your favourite :)
Rome - by a mile. So much to see and do. Now challenging Seville as our favourite ever city break.

Pisa better than expected, Florence a bit of a disappointment - with the exception of the duomo, which in terms of the outside is the most incredible catherdral I've ever seen. Pity about the inside - it looks like they blew the budget all on the outside and asked the decorators to cover it in magnolia paint and said "give us some o' yer basic grey stone columns, gov".

The
Rome - by a mile. So much to see and do. Now challenging Seville as our favourite ever city break.

Pisa better than expected, Florence a bit of a disappointment - with the exception of the duomo, which in terms of the outside is the most incredible catherdral I've ever seen. Pity about the inside - it looks like they blew the budget all on the outside and asked the decorators to cover it in magnolia paint and said "give us some o' yer basic grey stone columns, gov".
The Vatican is beautiful inside.The museum well worth it as well for the Sistine Chapel at the end.
I thought the Brits could plunder until I visited the Vatican museum.
I was also impressed with the Collosseum and Palatine Hill visit.Did the guide with that.He was really good not so sure if I would have enjoyed it as much if I had done it without.
Venice still my favourite place for visiting churches.

The

The Vatican is beautiful inside.The museum well worth it as well for the Sistine Chapel at the end.
I thought the Brits could plunder until I visited the Vatican museum.
I was also impressed with the Collosseum and Palatine Hill visit.Did the guide with that.He was really good not so sure if I would have enjoyed it as much if I had done it without.
Venice still my favourite place for visiting churches.
Vatican Tour was the biggest let down in Rome. They kept banging on about how you couldn’t talk in the Sistine Chapel and I expected there to be a hushed reverence when we went in. Instead, there was a Vatican employee on the microphone repeating “please be quiet” every 3 or 4 seconds the whole time we were in there. Awful experience. Felt like a waste of 30 euros.

On the other hand, St Peter’s Basilica was jaw-dropping - and that was free!

Vatican Tour was the biggest let down in Rome. They kept banging on about how you couldn’t talk in the Sistine Chapel and I expected there to be a hushed reverence when we went in. Instead, there was a Vatican employee on the microphone repeating “please be quiet” every 3 or 4 seconds the whole time we were in there. Awful experience. Felt like a waste of 30 euros.

On the other hand, St Peter’s Basilica was jaw-dropping - and that was free!
Aye getting mixed up with St Peter's Basilica.
Know what you mean with the Sistine Chapel.

I came back from Rome last week- amazing city, great food, weather was brilliant and of course so much history and stunning architecture.

I was also fortunate to find this stuck to my ceiling on arrival at the hotel, so we were offered a complimentary upgrade to a suite :D

Attachments

• 43F78963-5FD8-4A0C-8438-531E396B730A.jpeg
    43F78963-5FD8-4A0C-8438-531E396B730A.jpeg
    518.9 KB · Views: 53
Currently in las Americas Tenerife. Cost of living crisis !!!!
It’s absolutely packed and scorching !!!!
Flying back Friday tho. Bit of a game Saturday
We are on the Algarve and it is busy for Easter. Lovely weather. Been 22/23 every day. So nice to eat breakfast outside and just see blue skies and the sun after the absolutely crap winter we have had.

We are thinking of Rome but are limited to school holidays. Has anyone been in August and if so was it packed and to hot to move around easily? If so we will probably put off until next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.