Holidays

That's simply not the case.

Some hotels will sell direct cheaper than via consolidators, but the majority of hotels/chains are often more expensive when booking directly with them.

They rely heavily on distribution.
Maybe so, but don't use Expedia, bunch of robbing cunts

Never had any problems with Expedia, from a personal and professional standpoint, but of course your mileage may vary.
Trying to get a refund from them took me six months. I understand it was Covid related but it's impossible to ever talk with anyone and they ignored my e mails

Trying to get a refund from them took me six months. I understand it was Covid related but it's impossible to ever talk with anyone and they ignored my e mails
Every **** is the same mate. It usually takes an email from my wife using the law firms that she works for address to get a response from anyone.

I think if you book direct with an airline tou're better off
I tried to book direct this time around but all the dates that we were looking at were sold out.
Ended up finding it on selloffvacations.com
I've used them quite a bit with no issues. I always use their site to find a hotel/package then look around to find the best price.

Echoing others with the summer holiday price issues. It's carnage. Got three kids and it's about £5k to go to shitty places in Greece/Spain/Turkey which is a joke.

Did a lot of researching over the weekend and have managed to book flights for £130pp to Rijeka in Croatia and will book a campsite or something around there and keep it to £2k. Still a lot of money but restricted to school holidays now so can't complain too much. Couldn't bring myself to pay £1000pp for Europe when you can go to the caribbean and further afield for not much more than that (and less in some cases).
Prices are nuts this year in some places

I’ve learnt that you should never book a holiday with a travel agent etc do it yourself.
the daughter booked a holiday in Turkey later this year before asking if I could travel (I’ve recently had a stroke) and hadn’t been given the all clear to fly so I said cancel my booking
now given the all clear to travel looked to rebook but they wanted silly amount to be put back on holiday
so did it myself what easy jet wanted £800 for I’ve done it the same holiday,same hotel same flights etc all that’s missing is the transfer from airport for the following
flight £260 inc baggage seat selection etc
hotel £10 night x 14 £140 booked direct with hotel
total cost £400 for the same holiday and the hotel will now pick me up at airport
I agree short haul and if using a bog standard travel agent but would disagree when it comes to long haul. We used an independent travel agent when we went to Mauritius for our honeymoon. Got 10 nights all inclusive in a suite overlooking the sea with three trips included, business class seats both ways with Emirates for £5500. The flights alone would have cost us close to £5k when I looked into it.

Prices are nuts this year in some places

I agree short haul and if using a bog standard travel agent but would disagree when it comes to long haul. We used an independent travel agent when we went to Mauritius for our honeymoon. Got 10 nights all inclusive in a suite overlooking the sea with three trips included, business class seats both ways with Emirates for £5500. The flights alone would have cost us close to £5k when I looked into it.

You win some you lose some. I did a South America trip in 2014 and got a travel agent to look into it all for me, work out an itinerary (all free of charge) and then just booked it myself for less than half the price. I know loads of people who will only book package deals because they see it as more secure, particularly those with young kids. I rarely do it that way, as I always find short haul cheaper when booking individually. I'll often check the package deals just to see what is going, something last minute options give better value.

It shows the price changes when you got Mauritius for that price. You'd possibly get a week in Europe with business class flights for £5k for two people, but probably not!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.