Holidays

We are thinking of Rome but are limited to school holidays. Has anyone been in August and if so was it packed and to hot to move around easily? If so we will probably put off until next year.
Did the same (2016 iirc). Main tourist stuff busy but not unbearably so. Temperature hot & humid. You can get to most places on foot quite easily if you're staying central. However, if your kids are very young I'd give it a swerve as the heat could make life difficult.

We are thinking of Rome but are limited to school holidays. Has anyone been in August and if so was it packed and to hot to move around easily? If so we will probably put off until next year.
We did Bologna and Ferrara last July and it was too hot unless your days are in air conditioned vehicles or trying to find routes using the shade of imposing overhead buildings. Stunning place and food if you're open to alternatives to Rome and the motor valley with all big supercar makers are on its doorstep as well as Ducatti which makes a great day out and Florence is about an hour by train.

The thing about Italy is i have not been to a bad City yet.
For an art buff like me it is brilliant.
Turin,Sicily and Pompei i think are the only main places i have not visited and Venice i try to got over as much as possible.
I also love London,Madrid,Valencia,Bilbao,Berlin,Bergen,Copenhagen and Paris.
Try and visit the Monet Gardens in Giverny on a beautiful Summers day for a lovely day out.
Barcelona is the only place I have been disappointed in.

For an art buff like me it is brilliant.
Turin,Sicily and Pompei i think are the only main places i have not visited and Venice i try to got over as much as possible.
I also love London,Madrid,Valencia,Bilbao,Berlin,Bergen,Copenhagen and Paris.
Try and visit the Monet Gardens in Giverny on a beautiful Summers day for a lovely day out.
Barcelona is the only place I have been disappointed in.
Pompeii is well worth a visit. Go early to avoid the huge amount of groups.

The boy at work was there.He loved it,he was amazed at the actual size of the site.
It’s bigger than we assume. Im glad I went early doors . As I left the trains from down south like a football special. Horrendous crowds.

This. Obviously it's different strokes for different folks but I have been north, central, south, sicily, sardinia and have never had a bad time. I must have spent close to the equivalent of a calendar year there and I can count the bad days on the fingers of one finger.

Vatican Tour was the biggest let down in Rome. They kept banging on about how you couldn’t talk in the Sistine Chapel and I expected there to be a hushed reverence when we went in. Instead, there was a Vatican employee on the microphone repeating “please be quiet” every 3 or 4 seconds the whole time we were in there. Awful experience. Felt like a waste of 30 euros.

On the other hand, St Peter’s Basilica was jaw-dropping - and that was free!

Must depend on how vicious the person on the mic sounds, we went once and the nun hissed 'silenzio' in such a sinister fashion that she probably only had to say it 2 - 3 times during our entire visit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.