Holidays

Excellent site for rail travel throughout Europe. I don't fly and have used that site to sort out all my European adventures for quite a few years now. Heading off to Prague tomorrow by train.

Thanks very much for sharing this, I'll check it out.

I normally use Rome2Rio to get an understanding of public transport routes abroad. Then sort tickets once there at the respective stations. Gopili and the Flixbus website are also good options for train and coach travel abroad.

Arrived in newquay for the week and it’s blowing a gale and absolutely pissing it down. Oh the joys oh holidaying in the Uk.

It's just not worth it mate. Spend the extra cash getting to somewhere sunny and enjoy the weather and better quality food and drink.

I love England, I'm so proud and grateful to be from here but the weather is so unpredictable, all nice places are overcrowded as soon as the weather is nice, and we overpay for very poor quality produce and cuisine.

The Mrs mithered me to go camping as she'd never been, so we went to Sennen Cove in summer 2018 when we got back from Athens. We were in a tent, it pissed down every day and the sea was freezing cold. Couldn't get a parking spot for love nor money in St Ives so never saw it, managed to see Newquay and Penzance. She wanted to go home so we packed up a night early, never again. I don't mind getting out into the hills or middle of nowhere whatever the weather, but pointless with the Mrs.

Ok, didn't realise you were giving an example as it wasn't very clear at all.
As an example, it's quite a poor one, given that almost all the Balearic Island resorts aren't subject to this 6 drink maximum rule.

You also moan about some drinks falling outside of the 'all inclusive' at your Tenerife hotel.
This day and age it's fairly common practise for that to happen; not just the premium label stuff but also certain other drinks are often at charge, or sometimes certain bars on a hotel complex are at charge from that venue (not too dissimilar to 'a la carte' dining venues falling outside of the food all inclusive concept)

I'm far from a big fan of TUI, but I'm struggling to see how they could be at fault here.
I think he's got a valid point, I certainly would be pissed off if I had to pay for an iced cocktail.

The Mrs mithered me to go camping as she'd never been, so we went to Sennen Cove in summer 2018 when we got back from Athens. We were in a tent, it pissed down every day and the sea was freezing cold. Couldn't get a parking spot for love nor money in St Ives so never saw it, managed to see Newquay and Penzance. She wanted to go home so we packed up a night early, never again. I don't mind getting out into the hills or middle of nowhere whatever the weather, but pointless with the Mrs.
I don't understand why anyone would travel to Cornwall with all the hordes of tourists, when you can go to Pembrokeshire with very similar scenery and it's far more beautiful as there are less people around

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.