Holidays

I k ow Tenerife isn’t in the Balearics I was giving an example and yep TUI are been twats so next holiday won’t be with them

Ok, didn't realise you were giving an example as it wasn't very clear at all.
As an example, it's quite a poor one, given that almost all the Balearic Island resorts aren't subject to this 6 drink maximum rule.

You also moan about some drinks falling outside of the 'all inclusive' at your Tenerife hotel.
This day and age it's fairly common practise for that to happen; not just the premium label stuff but also certain other drinks are often at charge, or sometimes certain bars on a hotel complex are at charge from that venue (not too dissimilar to 'a la carte' dining venues falling outside of the food all inclusive concept)

I'm far from a big fan of TUI, but I'm struggling to see how they could be at fault here.

Ok, didn't realise you were giving an example as it wasn't very clear at all.
As an example, it's quite a poor one, given that almost all the Balearic Island resorts aren't subject to this 6 drink maximum rule.

You also moan about some drinks falling outside of the 'all inclusive' at your Tenerife hotel.
This day and age it's fairly common practise for that to happen; not just the premium label stuff but also certain other drinks are often at charge, or sometimes certain bars on a hotel complex are at charge from that venue (not too dissimilar to 'a la carte' dining venues falling outside of the food all inclusive concept)

I'm far from a big fan of TUI, but I'm struggling to see how they could be at fault here.
We have used TUI on a fairly regular occurrence since 1979 and have to say that they've never done us a bad turn. That's not to say that others have been less than impressed, but speak as you find.

I think the A.I that provide premium liquor tend to be on the higher echelons of quality and therefore much more expensive. The first thing we do before booking A.I is to check the hotel website and TripAdvisor for heads-up of what's available. The most generous re 24 hr A.I premium that we've found have tended to be Mexico bound.

We did however do A.I last Xmas in the Dorm where we upgraded for premium A.I which we thought was well worth the extra investment. You had a separate lounge and sunbathing areas were you served yourself from anything from Baileys to Tanqueray to single malts. It was veritably a piss cans Heaven and we had a jolly good festive slurp for utter pennies. We also were provided with extra food, canopies and Nobbys Nuts and no extra cost : /

Last edited:
We have used TUI on a fairly regular occurrence since 1979 and have to say that they've never done us a bad turn. That's not to say that others have been less than impressed, but speak as you find.

I think the A.I that provide premium liquor tend to be on the higher echelons of quality and therefore much more expensive. The first thing we do before booking A.I is to check the hotel website and TripAdvisor for heads-up of what's available. The most generous re 24 hr A.I premium that we've found have tended to be Mexico bound.

We did however do A.I last Xmas in the Dorm where we upgraded for premium A.I which we thought was well worth the extra investment. You had a separate lounge and sunbathing areas were you served yourself from anything from Baileys to Tanqueray to single malts. It was veritably a piss cans Heaven and we had a jolly good festive slurp for utter pennies. We also were provided with extra food, canopies and Nobbys Nuts and no extra cost : /
Canopies!
LOL

A week in Whitby at the start of the school holidays

9 nights in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria at the end of the school holidays

A weekend camping trip at Skipsea, Bridlington during the international break at the start of September

Can’t wait.. i’m ready for it

You know you are in a Top End establishment when Nobbys Nuts are there for unlimited consumption. Some gaffs in Turkey don't get the decent booze out until April 1st which they class as the first day of the season. I had to take my own in to one place as It was late March.

A weekend camping trip at Skipsea, Bridlington during the international break at the start of September

"Can’t wait.. I'm ready for it"
I can't think of anything else that can describe the joy de vivre metered out to errant souls that have given of their all to industry, and now await ablutions in the blessed sun. It's so important to our psyche and well being, that at least once yearly, we get to .. .

"Roll up and spend our last dime"

Smash it!

Last edited:
You know you are in a Top End establishment when Nobbys Nuts are there for unlimited consumption. Some gaffs in Turkey don't get the decent booze out until April 1st which they class as the first day of the season. I had to take my own in to one place as It was late March.
It's not nuts if it ain't Nobbys.

Can’t wait.. i’m ready for it
I’ll be in PR late August too. Look out for the pissed up bloke in City shirt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.