Holidays

It's all a load of bollocks mate. The only dodgy ones are already in England haha. Giggs and Neville are more dubious characters but that's not what sells in the British media.
I haven't had much faith in the printed media for years.
A mate (passed) said that he wouldn't pay 1 old penny for a newspaper. The only thing he trusted was the date and even then he would double check!
I've been to northern Greece, Italy and Bulgaria but never ventured into Albania.

I haven't had much faith in the printed media for years.
A mate (passed) said that he wouldn't pay 1 old penny for a newspaper. The only thing he trusted was the date and even then he would double check!
I've been to northern Greece, Italy and Bulgaria but never ventured into Albania.

IMG-20230428-WA0018.jpg

This is Vlorë in the Spring. Quiet that time of year but still nice temps. Got some nice videos with the sunset but the files are too large to upload.

Heading to Singapore and Thailand for a couple of weeks later in the year. I've got 4 days in Singapore and about a week and a half in Thailand. Seems to have fortuitously fallen so we can go to Chiang Mai during Ye Peng and Loy Krathong Festival (below)

images

It means we have 8 days to spread between Bangkok and a beach.

It's a well trodden path, so is anyone able to recommend a beach resort? Looking for relative luxury on a mid level budget. I.e. not hostel, but not several hundreds of pounds per night either.

Heading to Singapore and Thailand for a couple of weeks later in the year. I've got 4 days in Singapore and about a week and a half in Thailand. Seems to have fortuitously fallen so we can go to Chiang Mai during Ye Peng and Loy Krathong Festival (below)

images

It means we have 8 days to spread between Bangkok and a beach.

It's a well trodden path, so is anyone able to recommend a beach resort? Looking for relative luxury on a mid level budget. I.e. not hostel, but not several hundreds of pounds per night either.
Hua hin is easy to get to from Bangkok and has plenty of decent hotels including a hilton right in the middle of town . If you fancy a simple quiet island then ko samet is OK. I've been to plenty of the other big named islands/beach resorts and these are the 2 I would go if I was keeping prices low and not wanting to fly or travel too far from Bangkok.

Hua hin is easy to get to from Bangkok and has plenty of decent hotels including a hilton right in the middle of town . If you fancy a simple quiet island then ko samet is OK. I've been to plenty of the other big named islands/beach resorts and these are the 2 I would go if I was keeping prices low and not wanting to fly or travel too far from Bangkok.
Thank you

Heading back to zante in three weeks, we love the island, just hope it’s cooled down considerably by time we arrive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.