Holidays

Not sure tbh. Kids are getting older now so dont really go for the happy clappy amatuer entertainment stuff, spent most of it in their room charging their phones. The Mrs said she enjoyed but I think shes putting on a brave face.

I think its the last holiday we go on with the kids (they're 17 and 19), me the mrs will start going to places we want to go to, not some half arsed compromise thinking it keeps the kids happy.
Weve never taken the kids to happy clappy places to be honest.
I hate forced fun and if someone tried to drag me off my sunbed for Dads Darts or aqua aerobics id end up getting a bit nasty with them :)

We are going to crete next week in a small family owned ‘hotel’. Small pool bar.
The kids (11 and 8) will sure spend time on phones etc but will play together loads in the pool, unheard of at home.
Its the one time of the year they get on.
They dont know such things as kids clubs exist

Not sure tbh. Kids are getting older now so dont really go for the happy clappy amatuer entertainment stuff, spent most of it in their room charging their phones. The Mrs said she enjoyed but I think shes putting on a brave face.

I think its the last holiday we go on with the kids (they're 17 and 19), me the mrs will start going to places we want to go to, not some half arsed compromise thinking it keeps the kids happy.
17 and 19 with mum and dad, both boys ?

Weve never taken the kids to happy clappy places to be honest.
I hate forced fun and if someone tried to drag me off my sunbed for Dads Darts or aqua aerobics id end up getting a bit nasty with them :)

We are going to crete next week in a small family owned ‘hotel’. Small pool bar.
The kids (11 and 8) will sure spend time on phones etc but will play together loads in the pool, unheard of at home.
Its the one time of the year they get on.
They dont know such things as kids clubs exist
Enforced jollility, hate it.

I've never done it but I believe the roads are much better and plenty of stops (aires?) for caravans and motorhomes.
Roads in France are superb but note you can only overnight a campervan in designated spaces, no wild campervanning in France.

I think I’m all done for a while so I’ll start looking at Armenia in November and then nothing until March / April 2024.

Me and the Mrs are looking at Armenia, and would ideally want to do Tbilisi in the same trip.

What flight routes would you recommend to Armenia or Georgia mate? I don't think there are direct routes from UK.

Thanks.

Dreams Sapphire resort Cancun. Doubt i'll ever go longhaul again, getting too old for it and every **** just wants your money. I said to the mrs, next holiday is max 3 hours travelling time and preferably a villa so I dont have to endure other human beings.
Thanks for the heads up ! Sounds like hell on earth. Any hotel with "buffet" dining gets a no from me as it's basically just a free-for-all. As for the need to wear grown up clothes in those temps in order to get through the restaurant door it's just unbelievably stupid. Hope you recover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.