Holidays

Went to 'Dreams' in Cancun years ago. Right at top of the strip and surrounded by beach. It was mint.
There’s quite a lot of “Dreams” resorts in Cancun/Riviera Maya. It sounds like some are better than others!
I went to the Dom Rep last last year and some Dreams resorts there were being closed for renovations and service levels had collapsed - agents including TUI were still selling them though - loads of complaints. Usually Mexican resorts are pretty good in my experience - always exceptions though.

Anyone been canary isles at xmas? just booked a week in Gran Canaria 5star all inc fancied some xmas sunshine for a change! still meant to be in 20c’s at xmas?

Anyone been canary isles at xmas? just booked a week in Gran Canaria 5star all inc fancied some xmas sunshine for a change! still meant to be in 20c’s at xmas?
In general you are likely to have very good weather at Xmas. Not an absolute guarantee of course but I’ve probably spent 20 odd Xmas and New years in Tenerife. One of the busiest times of the year as well though not done Gran Canaria at that time of year.

Did Lanzarote for Xmas in 2019 for a few days and was mid 20s, clear skies and perfect weather daily.
Going again for Christmas this year.

As someone without children, and whom spent years working in retail suffering dickhead customers every December, I certainly don't need any encouragement to sack off the shite weather and all the Christmas crap here in exchange for some sunshine and a beach on Christmas day.

heard a travel expert yesterday say that crete could be one of the islands to benefit from the fires on corfu and Rhodes with tourist's going there I think there always on red alert this time of year
Saw a scaremongering headline earlier that said something like CRETE ON RED ALERT AS CORFU BURNS.

Crete is literally fuckin miles away from corfu. Insinuates that because corfu is on fire that crete will cop for it.

Pricks

Saw a scaremongering headline earlier that said something like CRETE ON RED ALERT AS CORFU BURNS.

Crete is literally fuckin miles away from corfu. Insinuates that because corfu is on fire that crete will cop for it.

Pricks

I think it's more based on the fact it's hot as fuck and dry as fuck and could well end up on fire too. However, your general point is accurate. I saw that about 40 people have died in Algeria from fires, but the fact no one has holidays booked there means it's buried in the small print. They'd rather scare people into panic over holiday destinations than report accurately.

Where did you book out of interest? I've got a "free" Christmas this year in that no family are due to come over as they're with the other side so looking to get away and the canaries seems the best value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.