Holidays

Just arrived in Turkey, seems 100 Turkish lira is now worth £3 as opposed to £5 a couple of weeks ago, not a money man, but that’s quite a big chunk of a difference.
I was in Alanya last month £1.00 was 30TL and bars outside of my all inclusive resort were charging 200TL plus for a pint of lager so £6+.
Turkey is no longer cheap a can of coke was 4 euro.
They have inflation at 70% and the tourist is copping for it. The Russians can go there but they are jumping ship and going to Egypt and Cyprus instead.
Fellow holiday makers who I spoke to while away said they would not be returning and neither will I.

If anyone fancying a trip to Mexico wants a cheap last minute deal then have a look at Tui. They have got loads at half price . Never been myself and think there's always a catch .
Last year I went to Cancun with Tui on the 27th Sept for two weeks. Imagine my horror to see the price of my holiday had been slashed by £1600. If I would have waited. Judging by your post and my experience last year if you want to go to Mexico late Sep early Oct wait till they reduce the price mid September.
There was no catch just reducing the price to fill the plane and hotels.
I have just had a look and 2 weeks at the Rui Cancun where I stayed last year has dropped from £2317pp to £1376pp a saving of over £1800 on two travelling.

Last edited:
Last year I went to Cancun with Tui on the 27th Sept for two weeks. Imagine my horror to see the price of my holiday had been slashed by £1600. If I would have waited. Judging by your post and my experience last year if you want to go to Mexico late Sep early Oct wait till they reduce the price mid September.
There was no catch just reducing the price to fill the plane and hotels.
Yeah It looks like the days of booking in advance is not the cheapest way . If your a little flexible and willing to got to a location that's on offer then it's probably better to wait. They really were half price and I thought there must be a catch, possibly weather or like .

I was in Alanya last month £1.00 was 30TL and bars outside of my all inclusive resort were charging 200TL plus for a pint of lager so £6+.
Turkey is no longer cheap a can of coke was 4 euro.
They have inflation at 70% and the tourist is copping for it. The Russians can go there but they are jumping ship and going to Egypt and Cyprus instead.
Fellow holiday makers who I spoke to while away said they would not be returning and neither will I.
Yes mate, Erdogan has made a right fuck up here, doing what Greece did and trying to make tourism bail them out, also, been to the markets today, charging £5 less for knock-offs when you can get the same genuine thing from M and M etc.

Luckily her Dad who lives here it isn’t affecting his pension, but they’re not taking visa or debit where we are and asking for £s so they can change it when it suits them better, think they’ll be waiting a long time.

First day back at work after a week in tunisia.
Had a brilliant holiday.
Countdown starts now for gambia in December.
Booking tunisia again today for next September same hotel but 2 weeks this time

Yes mate, Erdogan has made a right fuck up here, doing what Greece did and trying to make tourism bail them out, also, been to the markets today, charging £5 less for knock-offs when you can get the same genuine thing from M and M etc.

Luckily her Dad who lives here it isn’t affecting his pension, but they’re not taking visa or debit where we are and asking for £s so they can change it when it suits them better, think they’ll be waiting a long time.

Got back from Kalkan on Thursday. Exchange rate was 33.01 in the shops for both weeks. Found that eating out was not far off what we pay in the UK. Not being a beer drinker, I like the odd cocktail but at £10 a pop, I didn't bother and stuck to house red which is not bad.

The market had prices shown in pounds which I had not seen before but is, presumably, for the reasons you mention.

On the plus side, great holiday and the turtles were swimming in the bathing area every day which kept the Mrs happy.

First day back at work after a week in tunisia.
Had a brilliant holiday.
Countdown starts now for gambia in December.
Booking tunisia again today for next September same hotel but 2 weeks this time
Can you please share the name of the hotel? We were thinking to go there in February.
I will be testing a new hotel booking API providers https://zoftify.com/blog/top-8-international-hotel-booking-api-providers and see if i can add the name to our booking system too. We only want to work with the best hotels and chains in order to keep our customers happy.

Last edited:
Got back from Kalkan on Thursday. Exchange rate was 33.01 in the shops for both weeks. Found that eating out was not far off what we pay in the UK. Not being a beer drinker, I like the odd cocktail but at £10 a pop, I didn't bother and stuck to house red which is not bad.

The market had prices shown in pounds which I had not seen before but is, presumably, for the reasons you mention.

On the plus side, great holiday and the turtles were swimming in the bathing area every day which kept the Mrs happy.
My other half’s Dad and his wife are visiting us atm (they live in Kalkan), they said pretty much the same, just gone really expensive.

I’m like you, not a big beer fan but do like cocktails, luckily we’re at an all inclusive and would rather just drink water than pay even half that otherwise.

Personally didn’t see anything in £s but there was lots of ‘we sell xxxxxxxxxxxxxL sizes’, but only in English, not sure what they were getting at ;-).

Glad you had a great holiday too though mate, we’re on our way back Wednesday, when the temperatures seem to be dipping into the high 20s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.