Holidays

H all.

Any absolute top tips on getting relatively affordable flights to peaceful, beautiful locations with excellent weather (25+ degrees) at Xmas or Easter (school holidays)? Somewhere I can get reasonably-priced flights to and where I can rent a private villa with pool without paying over the odds? Would settle for a pool shared with a small number of properties in a peaceful location but definitely not a large package holiday prison complex with pissed up Brits.

Cheers!

H all.

Any absolute top tips on getting relatively affordable flights to peaceful, beautiful locations with excellent weather (25+ degrees) at Xmas or Easter (school holidays)? Somewhere I can get reasonably-priced flights to and where I can rent a private villa with pool without paying over the odds? Would settle for a pool shared with a small number of properties in a peaceful location but definitely not a large package holiday prison complex with pissed up Brits.

Cheers!

What's your budget?

How many adults and kids.

25+ degrees is a bit ambitious for December.

Just back from 10 days in Portugal. Spent a week walking the Rota Vicentina from Sines to Arrifana before finishing with a couple of days in Lagos.

Not sure but now wish I'd taken that option.
Just got tired with add on after add on.

Can't say online holiday booking is a pleasant experience. As a user experience, it absolutely needs an overhaul.
Was contemplating heading into a high street agents at one point.

I've checked in now, but not for the return flihgt so presume I do the same again a day or two before.
Looks like me and my son are a seat apart (another reason why I should maybe have paid for for the early check in).
Ryanair and EasyJet are usually pretty painless.

We always pay for selected seats at booking, it never costs that much compared to the cost of the flight. AFAIK, you can check in for both legs 30 days in advance.

Just looking at the terms and conditions, the 48 hour rule is when you haven’t selected a seat.

Anyway, hope you have a great holiday now you are checked in.

Are you saying nowhere in the world is 25+ degrees in December?

No I'm saying the usual places (i.e. Northern Hemisphere are likely to be sub 25 degrees). If you go further afield you may get cheaper accomodation but the flights will sting you.

E.g. I found plenty of options in Cape Verde, and accomodation was half the price of the Canaries but the flights are twice the price.

And Christmas holidays are always a killer due to high demand and being in low season so you'll pay through the nose.

Last edited:
No I'm saying the usual places (i.e. Northern Hemisphere are likely to be sub 25 degrees). If you go further afield you may get cheaper accomodation but the flights will sting you.

E.g. I found plenty of options in Cape Verde, and accomodation was half the price of the Canaries but the flights are half the price.

And Christmas holidays are always a killer due to high demand and being in low season so you'll pay through the nose.
Thanks. That's great to see that flights and accommodation to Cape Verde are both half price! I'll have a look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.