Holidays

Think I will be sacking Korea off ... flights are very busy.
Plan b is Orlando fly/drive down to the Keys.
Setting off mid oct .. anybody recommend any stops ,car hire firms etc
thanks in advance.
Pick your poison…West Coast or East Coast?

West Coast: St Pete Beach, Sarasota, Naples, Marco Island, Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Marathon, Key West.

East Coast: Cape Canaveral, Palm Beach, Jupiter Island, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Marathon, Key West

That drive from Miami to Key West is longer than you think!!

Thanks mate.

There have been comments about hassle, prostitution etc. How prevalent is this? Would you say these areas are suitable for a family with girls?

I went with my wife in 2014 and it was brilliant. We went over to Senegal for a safari and overall it was just completely different and a great experience. However, as you'd expect, the locals see you as a walking chequebook and will do everything they can to try and get some money from you. They're lovely, persistent, but lovely! Everyone is a tour guide if you want to believe them - they can take you any place you want to go!

If you're going as a family with young girls see if you can get a hotel where the beach is private and you have less of an issue with locals coming off the beach and trying to make money. Where I stayed on the coast they could wander in, but as a couple it wasn't too much of an issue.

It's quite funny really with them all trying to make a buck. Even the fella making the omelette's in the hotel could take me on a safari in the afternoon if I'd wanted it! Brushing their teeth with sticks but all had mobile phones!

I'm going back 10 years though and they've had some political trouble in the interim, although it's stable again now. Just do your research and go with organised tours if you go out and about. They keep everyone else at bay!

Pick your poison…West Coast or East Coast?

West Coast: St Pete Beach, Sarasota, Naples, Marco Island, Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Marathon, Key West.

East Coast: Cape Canaveral, Palm Beach, Jupiter Island, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Marathon, Key West

That drive from Miami to Key West is longer than you think!!
Ha I was thinking of doing a bit of both.
Need to do more research on the distances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.