Holidays

Think I will be sacking Korea off ... flights are very busy.
Plan b is Orlando fly/drive down to the Keys.
Setting off mid oct .. anybody recommend any stops ,car hire firms etc
thanks in advance.
Make sure you book car hire on a UK site and use a comparison site, car hire in the US is very expensive since the pandemic.
Depending on how much driving you want to do and which coast you want to travel
It might be worth considering leaving the car at Marco Island and taking the ferry to Key West.

Cheers any recommendations?
It really depends on what you are after. I just love wandering around the city under the porticos. Bologna has the world's longest portico (about 4km long if memory serves correctly) up to Santuario di Madonna di San Luca, which is well worth a visit. Asinelli Tower gives great views if you are up to the climb.

Piazza Maggiore, with the Basilica di San Petronio, is the main square, the Neptune Fountain and the 7 churches of Santo Stefano aren't far from that square. Plenty to discover from just walking round. You can get a map at the tourist board which shows the main attractions.

We loved nearby Modena (known for its balsamic vinegar and you can do a tasting tour at one of the farms that produce it), a quieter but beautiful city to wander around and great food. The cathedral and Ducal are worth visiting. Ferrara isn't far and that is a gorgeous little city with a lovely castle. Parma (known obviously for ham and cheese and again factories that produce it can be toured and tastings arranged). Reggio Emilia is an interesting little town on the way to Parma. The coast at Ravenna isn't too far away either.

We mainly went for the food but found many of the towns and cities to be great for at least a half day visit. We even arranged a private cooking lesson which was good fun.

We stayed for 2 weeks and found plenty to do each day. Florence is easily accessible on the quick trains too if you have time.

Make sure you book car hire on a UK site and use a comparison site, car hire in the US is very expensive since the pandemic.
Depending on how much driving you want to do and which coast you want to travel
It might be worth considering leaving the car at Marco Island and taking the ferry to Key West.
I was last in the Us (Colorado and Wyoming) in 2019 and am planning to go to Arizona next year - I was staggered by how much car hire had increased in 4 years. hiring a car for two weeks will basically cost twice what my flight is setting me back.

Tokyo

I don't want to leave. Ever. Beyond words here. Weather is brilliant, people are amazing, place is so clean and safe and full of absolute wonder, and it's cheap. Fuck me we are ripped off at every turn in the UK.

Will definitely be a yearly thing for the foreseeable.

Attachments

• 1000017926.png
    1000017926.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Tokyo

I don't want to leave. Ever. Beyond words here. Weather is brilliant, people are amazing, place is so clean and safe and full of absolute wonder, and it's cheap. Fuck me we are ripped off at every turn in the UK.

And some incredible food enjoy.

Need to book Armenia flights once something personal is dealt with. Looking via Istanbul but sadly no time to leave the airport!

Tokyo

Always fancied it but thought it was incredibly expensive?

Your the first person I've ever heard say it was cheap.

Can you give us some examples please?

Not doubting you by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.