Holidays

Always fancied it but thought it was incredibly expensive?

Your the first person I've ever heard say it was cheap.

Can you give us some examples please?

Not doubting you by the way.

I think the expense comes of you're on the piss in central Tokyo and paying 15 quid a pint and 60 quid a steak in one of the tourist traps.

We're staying in Koto about 5/10 minutes from those areas. 5 course meal is about £25, and of you're drinking it's about £3.50 a pint. Carton of 200 Marlboro are £16.

There's a sushi bar in our hotel and a 25 piece hand made bento box is about 6 quid. Picked up a PS5 for £260 and a Switch for 80.

Public transport is something else. I thought Germany and Italy were great but fucking hell it's like something out of Blade Runner here. Cheap as fuck, on time and like the rest of the place spotlessly clean.

Can't fault it. Honestly can't see myself going anywhere else until I've seen this country in its entirety.

Only thing I will say is book Premium Economy if you can. We came on Economy and the flight was rough, especially as you hit quite a bit of turbulence coming over Asia. Definitely need that extra leg room to save your knees getting absolutely twatted.

I've brought around £2k for 10 days and reckon I'll be taking just under a grand home. Which will go towards my flight getting back here as soon as I can.

I think the expense comes of you're on the piss in central Tokyo and paying 15 quid a pint and 60 quid a steak in one of the tourist traps.

We're staying in Koto about 5/10 minutes from those areas. 5 course meal is about £25, and of you're drinking it's about £3.50 a pint. Carton of 200 Marlboro are £16.

There's a sushi bar in our hotel and a 25 piece hand made bento box is about 6 quid. Picked up a PS5 for £260 and a Switch for 80.

Public transport is something else. I thought Germany and Italy were great but fucking hell it's like something out of Blade Runner here. Cheap as fuck, on time and like the rest of the place spotlessly clean.

Can't fault it. Honestly can't see myself going anywhere else until I've seen this country in its entirety.

Only thing I will say is book Premium Economy if you can. We came on Economy and the flight was rough, especially as you hit quite a bit of turbulence coming over Asia. Definitely need that extra leg room to save your knees getting absolutely twatted.
Many thanks

welcome to China ! my home country!
someone call it shit hole but still my home country!
drink some piss beer!
welcome welcome!

I've brought around £2k for 10 days and reckon I'll be taking just under a grand home. Which will go towards my flight getting back here as soon as I can.

Don't forget the vending machines stocked with booze all over the place! That helps lower the bill. One of my favourite cities.

Don't forget the vending machines stocked with booze all over the place! That helps lower the bill. One of my favourite cities.

Vending machine for everything. Quite strange they don't take the piss as well and are the same price as shops. 70p for a bottle of Coke. Like time travelling back to the 90s.

Last edited:
Vending machine for everything. Quote strange they don't take the piss as well and are the same price as shops. 70p for a bottle of Coke. Like time travelling back to the 90s.
They do take the piss!!! £15 for a used pair of knickers is very expensive!!

Up at Roshven on the northwest coast of Scotland at the moment with 3 generations of the family.
Stunning location and amazingly great weather so far.
We always seem to get lucky weather wise when we visit this beautiful country

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.