Holidays

Currently in Antalya absolutely cracking the flags too hotel, food drink and service excellent, watch the boys tonight smash some Young Boys in the resident Irish bar

I have a similar affinity with Argentina having been twice, the food is amazing and your money goes so much further than UK. We are a disgrace of a country these days.
Average UK wage around £34,000. Average wage in Argentina around £6000. It's hardly surprising things are much cheaper there and that your UK money goes much further. I'm sure people there are struggling just as much as in the UK. Having said that, I do agree that the UK is a bit of a disgrace at the moment.

I went last October and stayed in Rosario but visited Corralejo. If you aren't renting a car, buses are nice and cheap but you'll need cash as they don't have card scanners.

Lobos is worth a trip on one of the ferries.

Can add on some open water snorkelling if you are a confident swimmer.

I ate at this place, Restaurante Sotavento. Very reasonable for a seafront restaurant. Big Sardines starter, Seafood Paella and a local beer for less than £20.

View attachment 96623

Avoid the area near the derelict apartments on the shore, I'm pretty sure some creepy Spanish bloke asked/offered me for a blowjob. Perhaps a cousin of drone.
You're very picky turning down a blow job.

Just got back from Jilhava in Czech Republic.
Has Terminal 2 at Manc changed? I didn't recognise it at all, although I'm sure I've gone from there before.
The passport control when I arrived at Prague was horrendous. Over an hour waiting in the queue.

Average UK wage around £34,000. Average wage in Argentina around £6000. It's hardly surprising things are much cheaper there and that your UK money goes much further. I'm sure people there are struggling just as much as in the UK. Having said that, I do agree that the UK is a bit of a disgrace at the moment.

The economic situation over there is an even bigger disgrace. Around half of their population are living in abject poverty, a lot of brain drain occuring with young people claiming dual citizenship and fleeing for Europe, the wealthy survive on having hoards of the steadier currency of USD saved up in cash. All real estate purchases are made in USD cash out there. The disparity between rich and poor is some of the clearest I've seen.

I didn't mean for it to sound distasteful, just that the foreign spending power is so much greater over there. Even without that, wonderful climate and some of the best food I've tasted.

The economic situation over there is an even bigger disgrace. Around half of their population are living in abject poverty, a lot of brain drain occuring with young people claiming dual citizenship and fleeing for Europe, the wealthy survive on having hoards of the steadier currency of USD saved up in cash. All real estate purchases are made in USD cash out there. The disparity between rich and poor is some of the clearest I've seen.

I didn't mean for it to sound distasteful, just that the foreign spending power is so much greater over there. Even without that, wonderful climate and some of the best food I've tasted.
Election going on at the moment and one candidate proposing to adopt the USD, another to peg the Peso to it.

For reference I went to Argentina in March 2018, and it was 1 GBP : 28 Argentine Peso. It is currently 1 GBP : 424 Argentine Peso. That is absurd.

Valencia, in about three hours - see if I can find Ratface's statue at the Mestalla

Taxi getting me at 5am, a couple of nights in London then Mexico via Miami for a couple of nights. See you all on the other side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.