Holidays

Anyone visited South Korea recently?
What places do you recommend to visit?
Just got back this morning .. only did about 7 days there so was a bit of a quick tour .
We spent 5 night Seoul and 2 nights Busan via bullet train... Zombie free
Great country and very friendly people .
saw Gyeongbokgung palace very good with free english speaking tours theres a few others but thats the best
Seoul Tower great views.
Gangnam to the statue ... got lost getting off at the wrong station so wasnt great
DMZ Tour was very good but this tour is quite rushed and the 3rd tunnel tour is hard work but you have to do it .
Stayed in Myeongdong .. good market with plenty of street food
Theres plenty of markets all over Seoul but HKG markets are way cheaper if your transiting through .
Didnt really enjoy the Korean food.
Didnt find many bars,too busy rushing around beer was cheap from the offy about 8 quid in hotels
We didnt have anything booked and did it all on spec and found the hotels in Seoul expensive especially at weekend around 200 quid for not a great 3 star so pre book in advance if you can .
Went to Busan Seemed like it would be a good beach area at the right time of year and a lot cheaper accom than Seoul.
Although its a great time of year for sightseeing it wasnt warm enough to lie on the beach .
Get a Tmoney card ,invaluable when travelling on the metro.
Jeju Island is meant to be worth a visit but ran out of time unfortunately.

I’m considering going to Thailand with the missus, but I’m not really sure the best location to stay.

I’m after more of a relaxed, chilled out holiday, with some touristy things to do. I’ve had a look at the various islands, but I’m not quite sure - Ko Samui looks decent. Anyone on here got any recommendations?
Have a look at Railey Beach, Ao Nang.

Northern Phuket is also a good shout as others have said. I've stayed at the Marriott Phuket Beach Club and would definitely recommend.

Hong Kong, Bangkok & Phuket in a couple of weeks time. Any must dos? Never been that part of the world.
Hong Kong - The Peak - Stunning views, take the funicular railway tram if you can. If you are there on a Weds, do Happy Valley racing. Great experience, party atmosphere, live music etc. Bangkok, Khao San Road - Its a crazy street, where the music from each bar seems to compete with other. Use Tuk Tuks to get around - So many stunning temples. Also the Big Budha. River boats are cheap as a way of getting round.

Hong Kong - The Peak - Stunning views, take the funicular railway tram if you can. If you are there on a Weds, do Happy Valley racing. Great experience, party atmosphere, live music etc. Bangkok, Khao San Road - Its a crazy street, where the music from each bar seems to compete with other. Use Tuk Tuks to get around - So many stunning temples. Also the Big Budha. River boats are cheap as a way of getting round.
Hong Kong as well you must do the Star ferry ,great way of getting to the Island also cable car to the big buddha on Lantau island ,Wan Chai is interesting with a shout out to the Queen Vic for people watching.
You can get the longest outdoor escalator in the world up in Soho then walk down to Lan kwai Fong stopping at the many bars on the way.
Ladies market and the Night market are full of bargains ... theres an electronics one as well but name escapes me.

Im off to Budapest on 14th December for the Christmas markets, just a 4 day jaunt, been before and love the place in winter …

I will be in a right HUF an all if we don’t beat Palace while I’m out there…!

Im off to Budapest on 14th December for the Christmas markets, just a 4 day jaunt, been before and love the place in winter …

I will be in a right HUF an all if we don’t beat Palace while I’m out there…!
You know the ruin bars in the Jewish Quarter ok? Drank Borsodi over there. Nice city.

I’m considering going to Thailand with the missus, but I’m not really sure the best location to stay.

I’m after more of a relaxed, chilled out holiday, with some touristy things to do. I’ve had a look at the various islands, but I’m not quite sure - Ko Samui looks decent. Anyone on here got any recommendations?
We go most years. Send me a pm with a contact number and I'm happy to share our thoughts. It's quicker than trying totype it out. We've just booked a 2 month trip for end of January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.