Holidays

My inlaws have a place in Calabria right on the Adriatic, it's a great part of the world mainly Italians holiday there, there's loads to see and do within driving distance, nice beeches and it's not expensive, plus point the food in Italy is always the best and it's very hot in summer winters are quite mild

9 days left at work.
Gambia for two weeks.
Day I get back our firm close for two week Christmas break.
Perfect timing .
Can't bloody wait
we had Gambia booked for 1st Jan 2020 but Thomas Cook went bust so we went Puerto Vallarta which was good, still wanna do Gambia but now the missus ain't sure as she can't be arsed doing the anti malaria tablets

You've obviously never been, perhaps you should.
I was there in November 2014, only a day off a cruise, people were friendly and I was thinking about going for a week but Terrorist struck on the beach (June 2015) and the Bardoe museum (March 2015),became a no go country.

The magazines on the plane when we went were advertising some mega new resort complexes that were planned for Tunisia, really top notch, think they were all scrapped and I’ve read a lot of the existing hotels also closed, not sure it the place has recovered from those incidents.

Anyone been to India and done the golden triangle? Any recommendations and any ideas on what jabs you need - I've tried googling it but will probably have to call a pharmacy and check as they'd happily take £500 and give you every vaccine going by the look of things online.
I remember Phil Edmond’s who had been playing cricket for England in India on a tour being asked “what are you looking forward to when you get home?”

He said “a solid shit”.

I was there in November 2014, only a day off a cruise, people were friendly and I was thinking about going for a week but Terrorist struck on the beach (June 2015) and the Bardoe museum (March 2015),became a no go country.

The magazines on the plane when we went were advertising some mega new resort complexes that were planned for Tunisia, really top notch, think they were all scrapped and I’ve read a lot of the existing hotels also closed, not sure it the place has recovered from those incidents.
I was there in December 2019. Stayed a week all inclusive in a 4* in Mahdia for £350 which was a bargain. Before i booked i thought of that terrorist incident and put things into perspective that the odds of getting killed in an accident on the M60 going to the airport are probably lower than another terrorist incident happening again.

Most of the hotels there are big and tend to be 4 or 5* rated, and the staff go out of their way to keep guests happy and entertained. I went on twice on trains to Sousse Hammamet and Port El Kantaoui which i enjoyed, especially Port El Kantaoui as the harbour is lovely with it's pretty white buildings and palm trees overlooking a nice harbour amongst several cafes and restaurants. I ate out twice and the food was good and similar to Turkish food.

Most people i met were friendly and welcoming and it's a shame that that terrorist incident stops holidaymakers from going there. I will go there again and probably choose Port El Kantaoui to stay at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.