Holidays

I was there in December 2019. Stayed a week all inclusive in a 4* in Mahdia for £350 which was a bargain. Before i booked i thought of that terrorist incident and put things into perspective that the odds of getting killed in an accident on the M60 going to the airport are probably lower than another terrorist incident happening again.

Most of the hotels there are big and tend to be 4 or 5* rated, and the staff go out of their way to keep guests happy and entertained. I went on twice on trains to Sousse Hammamet and Port El Kantaoui which i enjoyed, especially Port El Kantaoui as the harbour is lovely with it's pretty white buildings and palm trees overlooking a nice harbour amongst several cafes and restaurants. I ate out twice and the food was good and similar to Turkish food.

Most people i met were friendly and welcoming and it's a shame that that terrorist incident stops holidaymakers from going there. I will go there again and probably choose Port El Kantaoui to stay at.
Sounds good.

Last night in Corralejo tonight............

.......................But we will be back here all the same I’d have thought next year

I know it`s a bit late for advice for this year but if you re-visit hire a car for a few days and check out the west coast. The caves at Ajuy, the one bar coastal town of Los Molinos, and an evening meal at sundown at El Cotillo.

I was there in December 2019. Stayed a week all inclusive in a 4* in Mahdia for £350 which was a bargain. Before i booked i thought of that terrorist incident and put things into perspective that the odds of getting killed in an accident on the M60 going to the airport are probably lower than another terrorist incident happening again.

Most of the hotels there are big and tend to be 4 or 5* rated, and the staff go out of their way to keep guests happy and entertained. I went on twice on trains to Sousse Hammamet and Port El Kantaoui which i enjoyed, especially Port El Kantaoui as the harbour is lovely with it's pretty white buildings and palm trees overlooking a nice harbour amongst several cafes and restaurants. I ate out twice and the food was good and similar to Turkish food.

Most people i met were friendly and welcoming and it's a shame that that terrorist incident stops holidaymakers from going there. I will go there again and probably choose Port El Kantaoui to stay at.
Love tunisia.
People are great.
Nice hotels.
Stayed in hammamet and this year stayed in monastir the beach was as good as anywhere I've been

Love tunisia.
People are great.
Nice hotels.
Stayed in hammamet and this year stayed in monastir the beach was as good as anywhere I've been
Some fantastic deals doing the rounds for Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt et all, with tour operators practically giving them away. Sadly, in the current climes we find ourself in, you couldn't tempt me @half the price.

Last edited:
I know it`s a bit late for advice for this year but if you re-visit hire a car for a few days and check out the west coast. The caves at Ajuy, the one bar coastal town of Los Molinos, and an evening meal at sundown at El Cotillo.

Just got home now, flight from hell, and I mean severe turbulence more or less all way back, will take me a few days to get over it

Anyway, the Mrs says we will try a different part next year so I’ll take a pic of this advice mate and refer to it next year!

Just remembered that guy shadow boxin outside the hotel. He managed to beat himself up. Just let that sink in. Great trip!

Is the Pinacotica gallery part of the Vatican museum or can be visited on it's own.
The Vatican Museums were the biggest disappointment for us in Rome.

A lot of money to be herded through on a guided tour (think coming out of a concert or football match).
A lot was made of "you can't talk in the Sistene Chapel" except when we got there, there was a bloke on a mic saying "Slience" every 5 seconds or so! An absolute joke.

I know you like museums, but the above is just a warning about what to expect.

Also, the taxi drivers outside there are con artists. Wish I'd have known about the "you only gave me 20" when in fact I'd given him 50. I only read about it on Tripadvisor after we'd returned.

Fantastic city, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.