Holidays

No worries. Hope you have a great time.

Also missed the Pillar 7 experience off my list , which I thought was very good. Included in the Lisboa card, it's a lift that takes you up the side of the suspension bridge and you can stand on a glass panel over "nothing".

Will have a shedload of Sintra/Lisbon videos up on our YouTube channel with travel tips but I think that it may come a little late for your trip.
Thanks, I'll check those out as well.

We’re going to do Secrets Maroma Beach later this year. Booked the Atelier Costa Mujeres last year which looks great - but they had a fire and we had to cancel. Some superb hotels in that part of the world and great value for money.

Done secrets a few times. Great resorts mate. Enjoy that

Back from India! Wow. What a place. If anyone has seen the James May programme on Amazon then his summary at the end is spot on. It kind of beats you up as a place, with the number of people, sights and sounds. But it's absolutely incredible. I only saw part of it, and each varied dramatically. I'll definitely be going back. I didn't get the shits either!

Just got back after 4 days in Lisbon/Sintra.

Top tip: Do your research on where everything is before you go - the geography of the city means everything is spread out in a way that makes it different to any other city.

Top site - the Cristo Rei statue - the view from the top is the best I've seen anywhere in the world. We got an Uber from the city centre over the suspension bridge for 12 euros (you can get the ferry/bus but some of my family don't have sea legs and it was a bit rough!).

Also worth seeing: Belem Tower, The Monument of the Discoveries, Jeronimos Monastery, The Pantheon, Rua Augusta Arch/Praca Commercio, San Jorge castle (more stunning views).

Sintra was an experience - gale-force winds, driving rain and fog made the Moorish Castle an atmospheric and challenging experience!

The wooden trams are overrated - great to watch and photograph, but everybody jammed in like sardines and they crawl along like an asthmatic slug. Metro is good but doesn't cover all areas so we used Uber a lot which is very cheap for the distances involved.
Heading to Lisbon for the Meo Kalomara music festival in August, so hopefully will enjoy the sights as much as you did.

I watched the Travel Man episode and they ended up eating a cake, and fixing some broken dolls, so good to hear there are actual things to do :)

Back from India! Wow. What a place. If anyone has seen the James May programme on Amazon then his summary at the end is spot on. It kind of beats you up as a place, with the number of people, sights and sounds. But it's absolutely incredible. I only saw part of it, and each varied dramatically. I'll definitely be going back. I didn't get the shits either!

Nowhere else like it imo...absolute mental place.

Heading to Lisbon for the Meo Kalomara music festival in August, so hopefully will enjoy the sights as much as you did.

I watched the Travel Man episode and they ended up eating a cake, and fixing some broken dolls, so good to hear there are actual things to do :)
Haha. I used to watch the Richard Ayowade episodes. They are funny, but you don't get to see much of the place.

In contrast, in the next week or so, we are about to start editing and posting of an absolute glut of videos we made whilst there on our YouTube channel. You'll definitely see the main sites featured on those.

My wife came away with a lot of negative feelings about the place, but I think they were mainly due to the generally bad weather we had. My two daughters and I thought it was great and there was a lot to see and do.

Costa Teguise in Lanzarote with the kids over Easter.

Carvoeiro in the Algarve just me and the wife for a few days in July.

Never been to either so looking forward to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.