Holidays

I had such a nice time in Larnaca in November last year that I may go there this summer instead of my usual haunt of Malaga.

When was you last in Nice? I used to really like it but it’s gone down hill. Homeless and immigrants hanging round the streets and railway station making it very undesirable.

Menton is nicer.
That’s sad to hear, we had a lads golf trip staying in Nice about 20 years ago, we stayed near the Railway Station which wasn’t the best area even back then but we had a great time and found the locals to be very friendly.

Had a day out to Monaco which cost around €5 return on the train, got to the harbour and saw a sign for the “Monaco Yacht Club” 8 of us from Ashton dressed in shorts and polo shirts got as far as the second step before being told, very politely, we weren’t getting in there, great day though and fantastic golf trip. Can only remember a couple of golf courses, Saint Donat and Opio Valbonne, brilliant value at the time.

When was you last in Nice? I used to really like it but it’s gone down hill. Homeless and immigrants hanging round the streets and railway station making it very undesirable.

Menton is nicer.
Last year, been 7 times in last 8 years (including once to see City in Monaco). We usually stay by old town/harbour area but agree it's gone downhill. Never been to Menton but we have spoken about going there

I might get to Sale Water Park this summer. Find somewhere nice to camp and just pretend you're in France or somewhere nicer.

From today Bulgaria and Romania have joined the Schengen group, so two more to add to your 30 day list.

Off to Crete in June, is it better to hire a car over there and get stitched up for insurance or book thru jet 2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.