Holidays

Yeah my mates who still play there have moaned about the weather/playing conditions on course when it's been open.

Back to the UK tomorrow, best I can say over here is so far we've managed to dodge the rain and stayed dry more by luck at times however, had a good week even when we lost power for 6 hours.

I'd have been less chilled if we'd paid £700pp to be here though TUI or someone but using a family members appt and fights/transfers/accom costs have come in around £500 between us....and it's not cold.
Doing similar in April, got my mate’s partners place for a nominal amount in Cala Di Mijas in Southern Spain for a week. It’s a great place and only a €1.50 bus ride to Fuengirola where the train runs up to Malaga with 31 stops in between so we’ll be doing a bit of mooching around (not one for lying by a pool but the apartment complex has a pool complete with bar/restaurant).

Got Jet 2 flights with reserved seats and 10KG luggage for £351 for 2 of us so not too bad, great flight times to.

Doing similar in April, got my mate’s partners place for a nominal amount in Calle Di Mijas in Southern Spain for a week. It’s a great place and only a €1.50 bus ride to Fuengirola where the train runs up to Malaga with 31 stops in between so we’ll be doing a bit of mooching around (not one for lying by a pool but the apartment complex has a pool complete with bar/restaurant).

Got Jet 2 flights with reserved seats and 10KG luggage for £351 for 2 of us so not too bad, great flight times to.
Excellent stuff, hope you've planned it around away games;)

Yeah my mates who still play there have moaned about the weather/playing conditions on course when it's been open.

Back to the UK tomorrow, best I can say over here is so far we've managed to dodge the rain and stayed dry more by luck at times however, had a good week even when we lost power for 6 hours.

I'd have been less chilled if we'd paid £700pp to be here though TUI or someone but using a family members appt and fights/transfers/accom costs have come in around £500 between us....and it's not cold.
I'm still and it's cost a fair bit, nowt we can do with the weather though, it is what it is. As you say it's not cold but it can't make its mind up raining one minute sunny the next. But it's still been a good break.

I'm still and it's cost a fair bit, nowt we can do with the weather though, it is what it is. As you say it's not cold but it can't make its mind up raining one minute sunny the next. But it's still been a good break.
Have you been to Chispas the bar in the square.....top cheap place for beer?

Have you been to Chispas the bar in the square.....top cheap place for beer?
No pal, we booked all inclusive and we're making the most of that, I haven't made it up to Costa Teguise yet, we're about a 25 mins walk away, but we'll be going in the next couple of days. I'll keep an eye out for the bar. Cheers.

I'll be going back to Porto for the first time since *that weekend* and will be missing the Arsenal game - has anyone been back since and know of any decent bars that will show the game? I imagine a few down by the river might, but will be a few less blues there this time. We're getting the train up from Lisbon on the Sunday and get in a couple hours before kick off so not much time to be searching for somewhere.

Well, we're just back from 2 months in Thailand. We have literally swapped 35c for 35F!! A great trip but some areas have been infiltrated by Russian speakers especially in southern Phuket. We deliberately avoided this area as we were aware how busy it is. Traffic in Phuket is now totally crap. As the airport is at the northern end of the island, it's far quicker to get to Khao Lak 80km north than it is to get to some of the resorts on the island. Very few Russians in KL though. Prices still pretty good, and 10% better exchange rate than last year. Biggest drawback is the 7 hour time difference making most football kick off times pretty rubbish.

Lake District booked for May and looking at Boston for July with maybe Nice in September
When was you last in Nice? I used to really like it but it’s gone down hill. Homeless and immigrants hanging round the streets and railway station making it very undesirable.

Menton is nicer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.