Holidays

Mrs Indeedy and myself are going to Parga in August. This is our first visit. Do you have any advice on decent bars, restaurants etc please?
Lucky you,whereabouts are you staying.
The Med bar overlooking Valtos Beach is a really decent restaurant.
Loads of places to eat on the front in Parga Town,spoilt for choice and not overpriced.
The beach there gets rammed but we used it a few times because we liked to swim to the little island with the church on it.
Valtos beach is bigger and you can get a boat taxi for a couple of quid each.
Marco Polo boat tour to Paxos and the Blue caves is a must!
A trip up the Acheron River was great too but you need to be fairly fit if you want to go any distance.
We've booked again for next year and staying at Bianco resort.
Have a great time!

Looking at our annual trip to Nice in September and thinking of getting train to Menton to stay a few nights (maybe venture into Italy for a day) for something different. Anyone been to Menton

I haven't had a holiday for 2 years as my other half has is awaiting treatment for a medical condition and won't travel until it's been sorted.
The last time I left the UK was to Istanbul last year.
However, I'm not too bothered as being retired, every day is like a holiday and I try to keep myself active, entertained and busy.

Looking at our annual trip to Nice in September and thinking of getting train to Menton to stay a few nights (maybe venture into Italy for a day) for something different. Anyone been to Menton
Never been but somebody in my family went once. They brought back a little wooden barrel money box with a screw top, it has a yacht and the word Menton embossed on the side. I still use it today.

Reactions: ob
Best antidote for post holiday blues is to start planning for next year.
Mrs PJ and myself continue our policy of a new country every year.
Has anyone been to Slovenia ?
It's a fantastic place. Tiny but so much variety with the sea, mountains and lakes and some lovely cities, not least the capital. Well worth a trip IMHO.

Only once some years ago (late 90’s) but I do remember it was absolutely stunning. We popped over to Ventimiglia in Italy which was okay but I’ve read its now full of migrants trying to get over to France !

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.