Holidays

Mrs H and myself off to the Far East in Jan/Feb, probably our last long haul trip, appreciate any tips.

Singapore - 3 nights
Cruise:
Ko Samui - 1 day
Bangkok- 2 days
Hi Chi Min City - 1 day
Na Trang - 1 day
Hong Kong - 1 day
Taiwan - transit only, cruise docks there
Kuala Lumpur - 3 days

Never been to that part of the world and was going to do a self planned tour but there's pitfall's for a couple of mid 60's travellers so we've gone for the easy option.

Any must see sights, recommended restaurants, travel tips, etc.

As an aside I only miss home games depending on the draw for the last CL round and the 4th round of the FA Cup. I'm assuming the Arsenal away game will be moved to the Sunday (all CL games following are played Wednesday at 8pm), if it is I'll be in a Bangkok bar cheering the lads on.
Might be worth putting the Grab (taxi) app on your phone. Sort of a pan-Asian version of Uber at a fraction of the price, link a card and that also takes away the need to pay cash to the driver and handily pops though converted to gbp so you can see what your paying. Example in Vietnam earlier this year a 10 min Grab ride was about 80 or 90p. Saves fannying about with public transport particularly if your only in places for a day or so.

Depending on your phone plan, see if you can get a prepaid SIM that works in all the locations you’re heading.

Last edited:
Used to like them and used them a lot. I won’t travel with them, Ryanair or Tui now. Jet2 are my favoured airline/holiday company now.
Same here pal , personally never had a problem with jet2 hopefully I’m not putting the mockers on it as I’m using them in a package deal in three weeks, Been away with spike and sport options on many occasions with jet2 never any problems.

Might be worth putting the Grab (taxi) app on your phone. Sort of a pan-Asian version of Uber at a fraction of the price, link a card and that also takes away the need to pay cash to the driver and handily pops though converted to gbp so you can see what your paying. Example in Vietnam earlier this year a 10 min Grab ride was about 80 or 90p. Saves fannying about with public transport particularly if your only in places for a day or so.

Depending on your phone plan, see if you can get a prepaid SIM that works in all the locations you’re heading.
Cheers, got so much great advice off here, really appreciated, think I'll at least treble the price of a taxi if it's just 90p, probably stretch to more, I've always looked after those that give a great service, thank you.

We are off to London at the weekend. Was hoping for a nice wander round on Saturday before wife and daughter go to the theatre.

Not much chance of that in central London with Tommy Robinson and his merry stone island fuckwits protesting in one part, the anti Tommy Robinson lot in another and slap bang in the middle it’s the Trans Pride protest just to keep the peace between them!

Brilliant.

We are off to London at the weekend. Was hoping for a nice wander round on Saturday before wife and daughter go to the theatre.

Not much chance of that in central London with Tommy Robinson and his merry stone island fuckwits protesting in one part, the anti Tommy Robinson lot in another and slap bang in the middle it’s the Trans Pride protest just to keep the peace between them!

Brilliant.
Forgot about that. I'm for Bruce Springsteen at wembley Saturday night, was planning heading into town for a few pints before hand

Er in doors wants to go to Lanzarote next year, any tips please blues?, she can't decide on Puerto del Carmen, playa blanca or costa tiguise so any help be appreciated
I’m currently in a place called Los Poscillos part of Puerto del Carmen. Gorgeous where we’re staying . Hotels nice, decent food , no rush for Sun loungers , plenty of bars and restaurants . Life is good ! Anyone know a sports bar in Puerto Del Carmen to watch the City games ?

Er in doors wants to go to Lanzarote next year, any tips please blues?, she can't decide on Puerto del Carmen, playa blanca or costa tiguise so any help be appreciated
Only been to Lanzarote twice but preferred Del Carmen to Playa Blanca. The old town in Del Carmen is great, lovely walk down the sea front. @meeesh is the man to ask about Lanzarote he goes there a lot!

Forgot about that. I'm for Bruce Springsteen at wembley Saturday night, was planning heading into town for a few pints before hand
I’ve noticed a place called Coal Drops Yard at the back of King’s Cross/St P which we may have a look at. Looks like bars/restaurants etc.

Reactions: ob
I’m currently in a place called Los Poscillos part of Puerto del Carmen. Gorgeous where we’re staying . Hotels nice, decent food , no rush for Sun loungers , plenty of bars and restaurants . Life is good ! Anyone know a sports bar in Puerto Del Carmen to watch the City games ?
No but know a nice Chinese Restaurant! Asian Home which is at the end of the beach at the Matagorda end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.