Holidays

Anyone heading to the Algarve, choose your flight times carefully. Passport control at Faro was absolutely horrendous. Never seen anything like it. 2 hrs 15 mins it took us to get through. Scrum like queuing system until the last 30 mins. Awful.

5 staff dealing with at least 1000 people and taking ages with each one. They then closed one queue whilst 20 people were in it and at least 500 still behind with more flights due in.

When we went home, we saw the queue for the incoming flights and it was even worse with the queue at the top of the stairs. At least 3 hours from there I would guess. Reading reports it has been as long as 5 hours! Ridiculous. The EU queue was no better either!

Last edited:
Just arrived in Lanzarote tonight for 10 days, tried dip airport and apart from the dolphin sounds was much quicker (3 deep) at security and seats in all the bars available.

Anyone heading to the Algarve, choose your flight times carefully. Passport control at Faro was absolutely horrendous. Never seen anything like it. 2 hrs 15 mins it took us to get through. Scrum like queuing system until the last 30 mins. Awful.

5 people dealing with at least 1000 people and taking ages with each one. They then closed one queue whilst 20 people were in it!

When we went home, we saw the queue for the incoming flights and it was even worse with the queue at the top of the stairs. At least 3 hours from there I would guess. Reading reports it has been as long as 5 hours! Ridiculous. The EU queue was no better either!

View attachment 130865
Talked to security last week about this, nothings changed since last year, not sure if you noticed all the e gates closed with a Red cross. Security told me that the union are pushing back on opening the e gates due to the effect of job losses that they will create.

Talked to security last week about this, nothings changed since last year, not sure if you noticed all the e gates closed with a Red cross. Security told me that the union are pushing back on opening the e gates due to the effect of job losses that they will create.
Yes they were all closed. A lot of people in the queue were first time visitors to the Algarve. I doubt they will be heading back anytime soon.

5 staff dealing with at least 1000 people and taking ages with each one. They then closed one queue whilst 20 people were in it and at least 500 still behind with more flights due in.

I'd agree with that description, we took 1 hour 30 minutes to get through and that was after I requested to be fast tracked as my transfer advised he was leaving and wouldn't wait any longer. The EU queue was very short in comparison

Going to be “interesting” to see what the queues at security will be like after November when everybody will have to have a photo and give a fingerprint :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.