Holidays

Having been to Morocco and Tunisia they have good sunshine in October but those countries won't suit many Brits who like a pint of John Smiths or a bacon butty. I go out of my way to avoid the Brits abroad experience, but each to their own.

Which did you prefer, Morocco or Tunisia?

Having been to Morocco and Tunisia they have good sunshine in October but those countries won't suit many Brits who like a pint of John Smiths or a bacon butty. I go out of my way to avoid the Brits abroad experience, but each to their own.
What’s Morocco like mate, Turkey is now getting expensive looking at October or possibly April, just going to do an all inclusive but want a decent one.

Tunisia is OK but Morocco is more of a test of endurance, a trial by ordeal....than a holiday. It's great non the less.

What’s Morocco like mate, Turkey is now getting expensive looking at October or possibly April, just going to do an all inclusive but want a decent one.
I wrote an earlier post of staying in the busy-ish Agadir resort 2 nights and 5 nights off the beaten tourist track in a coastal village called Mirleft, mate, so only been to Morocco once. I've been to Gumbet, Kusadassi, Marmaris and Olu Deniz in Turkey which I enjoyed. The main difference in Turkey and Morocco is Turkey is a lot more geared up to holidaymakers demands in hosting holidaymakers much longer. Both are Muslim countries but alcohol in Morocco is not widely available. They were quite a few bars in Agadir because it's one of the main tourist resorts but in Mirleft I only found beer in the main hotel and one restaurant.

I like a holiday away from the Blackpool like Brits abroad brigade where I can eat authentic food and experience their culture, and although Turkish food is more widespread nowadays in the UK it's not a patch on the food over there, especially the kebabs. And if you like Turkish food you'll like Moroccan food because it's similar but a bit different. I think Morocco is probably better value for money but I'm guessing as it's 4 years since I was there. I can only recommend those 2 resorts I stayed in but it's a country with a big coastline that I'll return to.

Probably Morocco as I enjoyed the food more but Tunisia was also an enjoyable holiday. It's a shame that the terrorist Port El Kantaoui beach shootings in 2015 put a lot of holidaymakers off going and the Tunisians I met were generally friendly and I felt safe there.
I was in Tunisia just before the terrorist attack at the Bardoe museum, shocking and there's a lot of hotels and apartments that had to be shelved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.