Holidays

We are going Playacar Mexico on the 4th October

Has anyone been and if so is it ok?

I fly back from Bratislava on the 3rd Oct, land in Manchester at 9pm. Back to the airport the next morning to fly to Mexico

An eventful week

Obviously depends on budget but a week there in hotel with TUI is about 1k per person.
I'm in Thailand as part of a cruise next Jan/Feb, if we like it (never been before) me and Mrs H are looking to do three weeks there in Feb 26, I've done a comparison (using this Februarys prices) on costs between going to Thailand and one of the Canary isles.

Tenerife

Flights, including seat allocation and luggage, £500

Apartment with Kitchen decent 4 star plus rating for 21 days, in a coastal resort south of the Island, £2000

Living money based on our lifestyle £2500

Total: £5k

Phuket: same criteria

Flights, £1400
Accommodation £1000
Living money £1400

Total £3800

No brainer really, better climate, much better value for money.

I'm in Thailand as part of a cruise next Jan/Feb, if we like it (never been before) me and Mrs H are looking to do three weeks there in Feb 26, I've done a comparison (using this Februarys prices) on costs between going to Thailand and one of the Canary isles.

Tenerife

Flights, including seat allocation and luggage, £500

Apartment with Kitchen decent 4 star plus rating for 21 days, in a coastal resort south of the Island, £2000

Living money based on our lifestyle £2500

Total: £5k

Phuket: same criteria

Flights, £1400
Accommodation £1000
Living money £1400

Total £3800

No brainer really, better climate, much better value for money.
Currently in Koh Samui, after travelling through Bangkok.
The wifes gone off on a retreat for the week so Ive spent 3 days at Lamai and now at Chaweng mooching about.
Its out of season so im getting really good deals on hotels all on spec and everything is dirt cheap.
Pint of chang is about 2 quid and a decent pad thai 1.80.
If you come with tui dont do all inclusive its a waste of money and you will want to get out and about and definitely try to get to stopover in Bangkok as its an amazing city

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.