Holidays

I’ve stayed in Playacar. It’s just south of Playa Del Carmen and is really an estate strip of oceanfront hotels/condos and a little shopping centre - the access roads to Playacar are off the main highway from Cancun Airport to Tulum. Some very nice hotels for all budgets - we stayed at an Iberostar which was mid range (then) but fine. Beautiful beaches in PDC and Playacar. Good shopping and nightlife in PDC (look up the Drunken Tourist on YouTube for a recent review of restaurants there and a look around). Can get a ferry over to Cozumel Island for a day trip. Which hotel have you booked ?
Rui Tequila

Rui Tequila
Only had a day in Playacar to have a nosey. Seemed like a laid back vibe. Well placed to get to both PDC and Cancun if you fancied a night out.
Stayed in a few RIU hotels in Mexico and they have all been suburb. Have a ball, mate. It’s a fantastic place with brilliant people.
If everything goes smoothly I’ll be in Riviera Maya from late November full time. :-)

Off on a cruise Sunday... Just read the updated rules about alcohol.. P&O always used to let you take a litre of spirits on.. Bought some mini cokes for my bottle of Grey Goose this morning.. Ah well, it's something to look forward to when I get back

Off on a cruise Sunday... Just read the updated rules about alcohol.. P&O always used to let you take a litre of spirits on.. Bought some mini cokes for my bottle of Grey Goose this morning.. Ah well, it's something to look forward to when I get back
I went on a med crusie this july with Azamara, look them up, miles better than P&O and with a drinks package you can have champagne & Grey Goose all day !! :)

I'm in Thailand as part of a cruise next Jan/Feb, if we like it (never been before) me and Mrs H are looking to do three weeks there in Feb 26, I've done a comparison (using this Februarys prices) on costs between going to Thailand and one of the Canary isles.

Tenerife

Flights, including seat allocation and luggage, £500

Apartment with Kitchen decent 4 star plus rating for 21 days, in a coastal resort south of the Island, £2000

Living money based on our lifestyle £2500

Total: £5k

Phuket: same criteria

Flights, £1400
Accommodation £1000
Living money £1400

Total £3800

No brainer really, better climate, much better value for money.
And you call me out for too many holidays!!!!!

I went on a med crusie this july with Azamara, look them up, miles better than P&O and with a drinks package you can have champagne & Grey Goose all day !! :)
We've done quite a few with P&O and we get ~20% off now... It's the first cruise for a couple of years but I think it's #18

SWMBO can't fly atm after suffering a PE during her recent hospital treatment so this is a cruise from Soton to get us back travelling again after two years off... We're looking at another P&O trip to the Canaries (we've done it before and it's only really for the sun) over new year...

I'll check out the cruises you mentioned but I'd guarantee that they'll probably be at least double what we're paying so a few Grey Gooses on the stateroom tab won't make too much of a dent this time...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.