Holidays

16.30 pm flight to Antalya yesterday finally boarded at 17.30. Sat on the tarmac till 19.00 when the captain announced two engineers were getting on to sort a problem. Then a few rows in front of me a couple causing no harm were asked were they drinking duty free vodka. They said no and tried to hide it but finally gave it up. They sat there causing no trouble accepting they had been caught. About 20.30 two armed police vehicles turned up and took them off the plane. The engineers finally sorted the problem out around 21.20 and took seats which I thought was weird and the plane took off at 10.00pm with them staying on the flight to Antalya. So the plane took off 5 and a half hours late but you don't get compensation if someone has to be removed from the plane even though if they hadn't had the vodka we would still have left at 10.00pm. That couple if there was not a problem with the plane would have got a warning but the sceptic in me tells me they were thrown off to make void any compensation claims.
Had the plane moved away from the stand mate, even if it was just a metre ?

Had the plane moved away from the stand mate, even if it was just a metre ?
Yes they reversed from the stand at least 50 metres and then went back to it. Which is when they announced an Engineer would have to get on as they had a problem. The couple with the vodka were on board and at that stage they were willing to to let them fly. Would that make a difference?

Yes they reversed from the stand at least 50 metres and then went back to it. Which is when they announced an Engineer would have to get on as they had a problem. The couple with the vodka were on board and at that stage they were willing to to let them fly. Would that make a difference?
Spoke to my other half about your post briefly the other day, she’s in the IT part of the holiday business and ex BA, but from what she’s (always) told me, once the plane leaves that dock (or whatever it’s called) it has technically left and not down to the airline so they don’t get penalised or are liable for any claims, I’ll have to ask her where you stand if it re-docks but I don’t think it would matter.

What she did say (and tbh I can’t remember exactly what she said lol) but something along the lines of if the Police are called to eject someone, then it’s normally in the small print that it absolves the airline from any responsibility also, so not sure who you could take it up with after that (if anybody) , but I’ll ask her to clarify in response to what you’ve said.

There’s a lot of sneaky stuff that goes on which I never really realised.

Spoke to my other half about your post briefly the other day, she’s in the IT part of the holiday business and ex BA, but from what she’s (always) told me, once the plane leaves that dock (or whatever it’s called) it has technically left and not down to the airline so they don’t get penalised or are liable for any claims, I’ll have to ask her where you stand if it re-docks but I don’t think it would matter.

What she did say (and tbh I can’t remember exactly what she said lol) but something along the lines of if the Police are called to eject someone, then it’s normally in the small print that it absolves the airline from any responsibility also, so not sure who you could take it up with after that (if anybody) , but I’ll ask her to clarify in response to what you’ve said.

There’s a lot of sneaky stuff that goes on which I never really realised.
Most certainly the Captain said we were leaving the plane taxied back it stopped taxied back to the stand and told us we needed an engineer on board to fix a problem. It was then decided that the couple having sneaky duty free vodkas would not be taking the flight but they were letting them fly before they realised they had a problem that required an engineer and the two engineers who got on to fix the problem flew to Turkey with us and the duty free vodka couple got thrown off. As I said it was all a bit shady to me.

Most certainly the Captain said we were leaving the plane taxied back it stopped taxied back to the stand and told us we needed an engineer on board to fix a problem. It was then decided that the couple having sneaky duty free vodkas would not be taking the flight but they were letting them fly before they realised they had a problem that required an engineer and the two engineers who got on to fix the problem flew to Turkey with us and the duty free vodka couple got thrown off. As I said it was all a bit shady to me.
It did to her tbh mate, given the length of time you were delayed, the Capt and staff will have been made fully aware of what was going on, sounds like a dodge to pay out .

What airline was this?

Thankfully managed to swerve all this ATC chaos, and landed back from Podgorica as scheduled today.
Found Montenegro to be a fascinating place; much more green and mountainous than I imagined, and definitely somewhere I'll return to in the future and see much more of the country.

Budva is very nice too.
It's quite (relatively) touristy, but it is nice wandering around and not constantly hearing British accents.
Was a tad hungover after watching us scrape past Sheff Utd, followed by the barcodes/dippers match, and found myself wide awake by 5am.
Instead of wallowing in bed (which was very tempting), I took the opportunity to head to Budva seafront and old town and snap some shots sans tourists.

1693348708247.png

1693348751870.png

1693348791005.png

1693348839080.png

The Iberostar hotel I stayed at was very nice, with a cracking rooftop bar and pool.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

1693348942906.png

The people (well, men between 16-50) are definitely not great, vile bunch the lot of em, vowed never to go back, but got a fab deal for Olu Deniz, but going all inclusive so I can avoid the scum. Though true on buying a City top for 15 quid..
i agree. i love the place and the weather but the turkish people staying in our hotel , men and women , were the rudest ive come across anywhere. the staff on the other hand cant do enough for you .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.