Holidays

Something completely new for me 2 weeks on Thursday; I go to Zanzibar.

I've got very little travel in Africa under my belt (nothing beyond 1 visit to each of Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt), so very much looking forwards to heading further south in that continent.

Absolutely pissing it down there at the moment, and November is far from a good month to travel weather wise, but it likely explains how cheap it was (just over £1k for 9 nights all inclusive at a very well rated beachfront hotel, and Qatar Airways flights....TUI package so included luggage and transfers)

I do hope to do a one day safari over in Tanzania, though I'm holding off booking it in advance as it sounds like the hotel has some good deals on site for stuff like that, if TripAdvisor is to be believed.

Probably look to do another couple of local trips, but I primarily intend to get my feet up and chill, be that round the pool or on the beach.

If anyone has been recently, and can advise on how straightforward the visa on arrival situation was, I'd be very interested to know. Holding off doing it online as I've read the form can be really fiddly.
Gonna set me back 50 bucks regardless :(

Going to Corralejo in Fuerteventura in November for 9 nights, never been to this island before, done the others but thought we would give this a try for a change, anybody been and any suggestions welcome.

Going to Corralejo in Fuerteventura in November for 9 nights, never been to this island before, done the others but thought we would give this a try for a change, anybody been and any suggestions welcome.
I'm off there in December, not been for 3/4 years but plenty of nice bars & eating places. Make sure you walk over the dunes, there's a bar just sat in the middle....it's like on oasis in the desert.

I think the expense comes of you're on the piss in central Tokyo and paying 15 quid a pint and 60 quid a steak in one of the tourist traps.

We're staying in Koto about 5/10 minutes from those areas. 5 course meal is about £25, and of you're drinking it's about £3.50 a pint. Carton of 200 Marlboro are £16.

There's a sushi bar in our hotel and a 25 piece hand made bento box is about 6 quid. Picked up a PS5 for £260 and a Switch for 80.

Public transport is something else. I thought Germany and Italy were great but fucking hell it's like something out of Blade Runner here. Cheap as fuck, on time and like the rest of the place spotlessly clean.

Can't fault it. Honestly can't see myself going anywhere else until I've seen this country in its entirety.

Only thing I will say is book Premium Economy if you can. We came on Economy and the flight was rough, especially as you hit quite a bit of turbulence coming over Asia. Definitely need that extra leg room to save your knees getting absolutely twatted.

I've brought around £2k for 10 days and reckon I'll be taking just under a grand home. Which will go towards my flight getting back here as soon as I can.
Would love to go, certainly on the list

As is often the case with Canary Islands, some very cheap places to drink in Corralejo.
Seafront bars charging 1.50 EUR a pint, really can't go wrong.
Some nice 'local' bars kinda just hidden away too, along with all the usual tourist traps on the main drag through the resort.
Music Square can be busy on a night.

Sand dunes well worth a visit, and Playa Blanca in Lanzarote only 20 minutes away by boat if you fancy a change of scenery.

I went last October and stayed in Rosario but visited Corralejo. If you aren't renting a car, buses are nice and cheap but you'll need cash as they don't have card scanners.

Lobos is worth a trip on one of the ferries.

Can add on some open water snorkelling if you are a confident swimmer.

I ate at this place, Restaurante Sotavento. Very reasonable for a seafront restaurant. Big Sardines starter, Seafood Paella and a local beer for less than £20.

1000014005.jpg

Avoid the area near the derelict apartments on the shore, I'm pretty sure some creepy Spanish bloke asked/offered me for a blowjob. Perhaps a cousin of drone.

As is often the case with Canary Islands, some very cheap places to drink in Corralejo.
Seafront bars charging 1.50 EUR a pint, really can't go wrong.
Some nice 'local' bars kinda just hidden away too, along with all the usual tourist traps on the main drag through the resort.
Music Square can be busy on a night.

Sand dunes well worth a visit, and Playa Blanca in Lanzarote only 20 minutes away by boat if you fancy a change of scenery.
If you do get the boat over to PB, Wednesdays and Saturdays are market days at the Marina so usually a decent vibe around there. About 30 min walk from where the boat docks along the coastal path.

Go to the wonderful beach at the southern end tip of the island (Jandia?) and do what I did - realise that you've walked into a nudist beach, think 'fuck it, why not' and run into the sea for a quick dip, then come out of the water only to see people pointing at you laughing. That actually happened to me. It wasn't that cold lol!

I think the expense comes of you're on the piss in central Tokyo and paying 15 quid a pint and 60 quid a steak in one of the tourist traps.

We're staying in Koto about 5/10 minutes from those areas. 5 course meal is about £25, and of you're drinking it's about £3.50 a pint. Carton of 200 Marlboro are £16.

There's a sushi bar in our hotel and a 25 piece hand made bento box is about 6 quid. Picked up a PS5 for £260 and a Switch for 80.

Public transport is something else. I thought Germany and Italy were great but fucking hell it's like something out of Blade Runner here. Cheap as fuck, on time and like the rest of the place spotlessly clean.

Can't fault it. Honestly can't see myself going anywhere else until I've seen this country in its entirety.

Only thing I will say is book Premium Economy if you can. We came on Economy and the flight was rough, especially as you hit quite a bit of turbulence coming over Asia. Definitely need that extra leg room to save your knees getting absolutely twatted.

I've brought around £2k for 10 days and reckon I'll be taking just under a grand home. Which will go towards my flight getting back here as soon as I can.

We spoke about this trip on a different thread a few months ago. Glad to see you are having a great time and that it has lived up to your expectations.

I have a similar affinity with Argentina having been twice, the food is amazing and your money goes so much further than UK. We are a disgrace of a country these days.

I definitely need to get out to Tokyo soon. A friend has just returned from there, he'd not done a great deal of travelling before but had met a bird who moved to Australia so they agreed to meet in the middle and went on holiday to Japan. He said it was fucking awesome and he didn't see a fat person anywhere haha. Total culture shock for him having grown up on a council estate, he was amazed at how civil it was and how respectful the people were.

We spoke about this trip on a different thread a few months ago. Glad to see you are having a great time and that it has lived up to your expectations.

I have a similar affinity with Argentina having been twice, the food is amazing and your money goes so much further than UK. We are a disgrace of a country these days.

I definitely need to get out to Tokyo soon. A friend has just returned from there, he'd not done a great deal of travelling before but had met a bird who moved to Australia so they agreed to meet in the middle and went on holiday to Japan. He said it was fucking awesome and he didn't see a fat person anywhere haha. Total culture shock for him having grown up on a council estate, he was amazed at how civil it was and how respectful the people were.

Ah yes I remember. Can't put into words how utterly amazing it is. No fat people because they live on a diet of fresh fish, rice, and veg. Think this will be the only holiday I've been on where I've lost weight! Can't spend money here, been to the supermarket this morning and the quality of the food is mind blowing, apples like fucking grapefruits.

And can totally relate to him, from a council estate in Salford to having somebody makey lunch in front of me and to be happy doing it! Everybody happy, everybody smiling just going about their day chilled as fuck. I've seen 2 police cars in a week, in a city with 13 million people in it! I see 2 an hour back home!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.