Holidays

Villa Borghese is great for a stroll and for its beauty. Better in Spring and more so in the summer.

Campo dei fiori and piazza navoni are great hangouts and very close to major attractions.

Bit further is a view of the City from the top of Castel St Angelo and walk around over Bridge St Angelo.

Via del Corso is great for a long stroll and shopping. Fantastic Diesel store if you like your denim.

If you can experience walking into a fresh pastry shop when they first open around 6 am ish it’s amazing. The pastries mama mia, per amore!

Thin pizza slices a plenty and amazing. For food check out the area of trastevere. Great food and away from the busy touristy hot spots.
I love a City break and enjoyed Rome, I don't think I could stretch to more than 3/4 days but a mate of mine went for a week with his Mrs and I think they must have visited every church in the City.

Wish I’d have had your info before I went, personal choice but I preferred Barcelona over Rome, both have some great attractions but I think the people are friendlier in Barca. Also prefer Spanish Tapas over pasta and pizza.

Can anyone recommend a good destination for a family, well I say family it's just me and my 2 boys aged 7 and 9. We went on an all Inc to Kos last year, Mitsis Blue Domes resort, had an amazing time, although I think i was the only single dad in the whole bloody complex. My boys are at an age where they get bored quite easily so anywhere with plenty of on-site activities would be good. Bonus if there's plenty to see and do beyond the resort such as a town or village, historical sites, theme parks etc.
camping holiday in France, the camping parks are top notch

Villa Borghese is great for a stroll and for its beauty. Better in Spring and more so in the summer.

Campo dei fiori and piazza navoni are great hangouts and very close to major attractions.

Bit further is a view of the City from the top of Castel St Angelo and walk around over Bridge St Angelo.

Via del Corso is great for a long stroll and shopping. Fantastic Diesel store if you like your denim.

If you can experience walking into a fresh pastry shop when they first open around 6 am ish it’s amazing. The pastries mama mia, per amore!

Thin pizza slices a plenty and amazing. For food check out the area of trastevere. Great food and away from the busy touristy hot spots.

Excellent summary this in terms of off the beaten track gems. It's a wonderful city. I went just as covid was breaking out, and as a result it was very quiet. I'm sure it would be completely different with packed crowds, but it's definitely one of the best places I've been. I did the Vatican as well (not a hidden gem!) and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The museum helps reveal the historic wealth and power of the Catholic church, not that they struggle in that regard these days either.

Anyone with any recommendations for any 5 star All Inclusive resorts in either Mexico, Dom Rep or Europe? Going with two kids (7 and 3) probably end of May.

Narrowed it down to about 5 choices, but then you go on trip advisor and all of them have bad reviews of some sort which put you off (I know this will be the case wherever we choose), so just seeing if anyone on here has had some great holidays?
The Iberostar in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote was good. Great food, good pool for kids to splash around in and lots of clubs and activities for them. 2 mins walk to the beach.

In God's country for our annual fest, and have to say this global warming malarkey is a thing of wonderment. Obviously, malice non intended if your by a riverbank and flooded, or lost your cattle due to drought.

Beni is once again unseasonable hot with highs today of 22c and yesterday kicking in at 24c, making this a viable alternative to the Canaries with a far more affordable pricing structure.

Staying in the Port Benidorm, a 4 star gaff for 12 days at less than £50 a night pp A.I. with flights transfers and a hold your hand rep included. Lots and lots of Foc's doing the rounds, but totally expected for this time of year.

Wherever we go, we seem to be bumping into famous youtubers, and here was no exception as we met Lucy from the Benidorm Enthusiast who was doing another vlog in the area.

I would probably say she has the best youtube channel on Benidorm and a really nice lady to chat with. We also met Crazy Marcus from the channel of the same name and his mother who's called Scooter Sue when we were having a tapas and a few scoops in the old town.

In Blackpool a fortnight ago we met steve from a Walk On The Wild Side aka the Moons Blackpool Tower burning thread, and also met the amazing Mcmaster who travels the world on his informative vlogs.

Mcmaster did a vlog on a Chinese in Beni that we are going to before the game. Happy Gardens Friendly Kitchen, China Gardens or something like that .etc etc.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.