Hong Kong and British Guarantees

One thing you have to ask though is why certain countries seem to get very upset with the idea of us offering citizenship to some of their residents. If Canada offered citizenship to everyone in Scotland, would anyone give a shit? It's only authoritarian regimes that ever kick up a fuss about their citizens being offered the choice to leave said regime. The reality is that if we want to offer citizenship to anyone in the world, it's none of China's business. Hell, we could offer UK citizenship to all 1.4bn mainland Chinese, and it would still be none of China's business. Who gets to be a British citizen is the decision of the UK government alone, and it's ironic that China would have a problem with this given how keen they are on countries not interfering in each other's domestic matters.

No I agree and especially if we cherry picked who we offered Citizenship to !! Controversial but there are a lot of very clever people over in HK who would do a great job for us here. As to your other point if Canada did offer Citizenship to everyone in Scotland (Except @Magicpole- there are certain standards to uphold) there would be no one left in Scotland.

hm, that's some strange laws. They have British Passport but need visa to stay in Britain???

I agree and it is something I have never got my head around. I think, but someone will correct me, we at some point allowed/granted Asian Ugandans passports in a similar fashion, British Colony etc, then Idi Amin kicked them all out of Uganda, suddenly we were hit with thousands of refugees who all needed housing etc. at that point the government changed the law - but as I say it is only a memory.

I agree and it is something I have never got my head around. I think, but someone will correct me, we at some point allowed/granted Asian Ugandans passports in a similar fashion, British Colony etc, then Idi Amin kicked them all out of Uganda, suddenly we were hit with thousands of refugees who all needed housing etc. at that point the government changed the law - but as I say it is only a memory.

No, this is absolutely right. A friend of mine came to England when she was 7 from Uganda. Her family got told they had 24 hours to be out of the country or be shot. They came here and were clothed and fed by the Sally Army, about whom she won’t hear a bad word said.

No, this is absolutely right. A friend of mine came to England when she was 7 from Uganda. Her family got told they had 24 hours to be out of the country or be shot. They came here and were clothed and fed by the Sally Army, about whom she won’t hear a bad word said.

Apart from them banging tambourines and praying to a mythical figure, I too will not hear a bad word about the Sally Army. They are always there when someone needs them. The point about Uganda though is, is that when we changed the policy as we realised we could be inundated with people who had a legitimate right to enter the country ? It seems strange that HK residents have a passport but need a Visa, I have tried my friend Google but I didn't get an answer.

No I agree and especially if we cherry picked who we offered Citizenship to !! Controversial but there are a lot of very clever people over in HK who would do a great job for us here. As to your other point if Canada did offer Citizenship to everyone in Scotland (Except @Magicpole- there are certain standards to uphold) there would be no one left in Scotland.

I would have plenty of room to finally carry out my life's dream, to tell my country's history through the medium of contemporary dance.

Of course, that would never happen as we live in the most beautiful country on the planet. However, maybe they would vote to get shot of me. That's a distinct possibility.

I would have plenty of room to finally carry out my life's dream, to tell my country's history through the medium of contemporary dance.

Of course, that would never happen as we live in the most beautiful country on the planet. However, maybe they would vote to get shot of me. That's a distinct possibility.

Ah the beautiful medium of contemporary dance, usually seen outside a pub when the midges are attacking someone.

But it is as you say a beautiful country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.