Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

20+ thousand went down, and yes a firm of us had it with them in our end
Was directly above where the Chelsea fans got into the City end and the fighting broke out.
Saw a couple of Chelsea fans get a swift 5 to 10 second leathering on Wembley Way before the game, giving me and me dad grief, would like to say thanks to those City lads for tuning in those 2 chelsea fans.

Was directly above where the Chelsea fans got into the City end and the fighting broke out.
Saw a couple of Chelsea fans get a swift 5 to 10 second leathering on Wembley Way before the game, giving me and me dad grief, would like to say thanks to those City lads for tuning in those 2 chelsea fans.
Outside we were outnumbered badly.
Then inside after the shock of how many were in our end, we give them a good hiding till the old bill jumped in.
Must be the only final where the old bill run onto the pitch whilst the game was still playing.
Shit result but we left a marker

20+ thousand went down, and yes a firm of us had it with them in our end
Went down on one of three, I think, double decker luxury coaches put on by Donald Francis. For some unknown reason, probably because we stopped in Walsall for an hour's drinking and then because the drivers stopped at Scratchwood services less than an hour before kick off we didn't arrive until minutes before kick off. Literally got into the upper terraces as the teams were lining up for ko.

Yes went on one of the two Tommy Muir coaches that left the hat & feathers Ancoats,fun and games that day with Les Tate and the Gorton lads plus other top lads

Those Chelsea fans in our end didn't last very long when a load of City dropped down into the lower section. I still go to the games with one of lads who helped the Chelsea fans leave through the fence at the front.
I bumped into DD after the match, he asked if he could walk to the train/tube with me, and my mate, I said yeah no problem. He said all the Chelsea boys were looking for him, and I remember thinking to myself, FFS.

Those Chelsea fans in our end didn't last very long when a load of City dropped down into the lower section. I still go to the games with one of lads who helped the Chelsea fans leave through the fence at the front.
I bumped into DD after the match, he asked if he could walk to the train/tube with me, and my mate, I said yeah no problem. He said all the Chelsea boys were looking for him, and I remember thinking to myself, FFS.

So Mahrez was taking the blame even back in the day then :)

It was a good few seasons later before Coventry City beat Spurs at Wembley. 1987 if I remember correctly.
Wlth an ex-Blue aka Dave Bennett playing a big part in beating Spurs.
You are right, i didn't mean to say that, but totally forgot about the game, i got a text off a mate, who mentioned the first goal, shit i finished the post quick to switch the game on, missed the first 10 minutes or so, sorry age problem.

I think we had a crowed of 10,000 for the semi final, a lot of people were not interested in this competition.

I think we had a crowed of 10,000 for the semi final, a lot of people were not interested in this competition.
WE did, and there was a pitch invasion when we won on penalties, leading to the entire cover of the next league game's program being given over to an angry piece by Swales warning fans of the consequences if it happened again.

WE did, and there was a pitch invasion when we won on penalties, leading to the entire cover of the next league game's program being given over to an angry piece by Swales warning fans of the consequences if it happened again.
We beat Sunderland on penalties in an earlier round
Scored a late one in the semi to beat Hull
Don’t recall penalties

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.