Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Talking to a red mate tonight who was there that night
O’Neill was being a horrible racist to the wrong people (the nutty branch of the Singhs from Hulme/old Trafford) who called his bluff
Put a beer towel on his head and wandered over going ‘bloody bud bud’
One of them went out to the car and got his iron
‘The Sedge Lynn’ pub ?
What was its name before that mate ?

The fa cup 6th round v the blue dippers was the biggest,longest and most violent I remember at home and away.

The fighting at goodison went backwards and forwards, toe to toe all around the ground before and particularly after the game with lots of the dippers tooled up with ‘Stan’.

The replay at Maine Road was mayhem after the game as their lot got split up in the ally’s and back streets.

The KCs had their young spotters out on bikes and ambushes were happening all round the ground and back in to town.

I don’t think there’s been a set to involving bigger numbers or raw violence before or since although Millwall h was some day.

Bit naughty at Leicester first game of 76 77 season. Massive City following and very small away end in one corner. City all over home stands police pulling them out and putting in the already over crowded away end. Mither from car park to ground and back, but enough City to see them off.
Remember that game well . Absolutely roasting hot day . Jibbed over the turnstiles in that away corner . Blues on the opposite side in the standing paddock swaying like feck ! One thing has always stood out about that day in my memory though . The slowest , most pissed up walk on i`ve ever heard in my life !

The fa cup 6th round v the blue dippers was the biggest,longest and most violent I remember at home and away.

The fighting at goodison went backwards and forwards, toe to toe all around the ground before and particularly after the game with lots of the dippers tooled up with ‘Stan’.

The replay at Maine Road was mayhem after the game as their lot got split up in the ally’s and back streets.

The KCs had their young spotters out on bikes and ambushes were happening all round the ground and back in to town.

I don’t think there’s been a set to involving bigger numbers or raw violence before or since although Millwall h was some day.

Cool cats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.