Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I seem to remember the game against Sunderland when my mate scored against us in December 1981 and we lost 2-3. After the game It all kicked off in the surrounding streets and we had to walk the long way round to get to Acome Street where we always parked our car back then to avoid all the scrapping.

For a bit of nostagia, and a rendition of "You'll never walk alone" can't tell if its us singing it or the Mackems. TBH I still can't believe we didn't win that game:

Last edited:
I was in the Kippax for the '75 league Cup Derby (the game when the king was crocked by Buchan). There seemed to be no segregation that night. Or if there was, it failed badly. It was kicking off in pockets all over that stand. Not a pleasant experience for a 12 year old.
I was in the North Stand with my Dad. Went in Kipoax the next season.

I seem to remember the game against Sunderland when my mate scored against us in December 1981 and we lost 2-3. After the game It all kicked off in the surrounding streets and we had to walk the long way round to get to Acome Street where we always parked our car back then to avoid all the scrapping.

For a bit of nostagia, and a rendition of "You'll never walk alone" can't tell if its us singing it or the Mackems. TBH I still can't believe we didn't win that game:

Barry Venison?

The fa cup 6th round v the blue dippers was the biggest,longest and most violent I remember at home and away.

The fighting at goodison went backwards and forwards, toe to toe all around the ground before and particularly after the game with lots of the dippers tooled up with ‘Stan’.

The replay at Maine Road was mayhem after the game as their lot got split up in the ally’s and back streets.

The KCs had their young spotters out on bikes and ambushes were happening all round the ground and back in to town.

I don’t think there’s been a set to involving bigger numbers or raw violence before or since although Millwall h was some day.
I was at Goodison for that one, and it was a real battle after the game.

The buses back to Lime St were all lined up on Walton Lane, and you had to literally fight for your life to get to them!

Once you got to the pavement side, battered and bloody, you were then greeted by our friends from Merseyside Police, who had been stood there all along, letting everything happen!

We then had to rip the seats up on the bus and put them up against the windows as the bricks rained down!

A massive relief to get that train home!

Those were the days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.