Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Oakwell wasn't for the faint hearted either, them Barnsley fans never worked out if they were the little brothers to Leeds or Sheffield, so they acted up as if they were as big as both. Never forget one game where it kicked off and all the little hot dog carts around the ground were all tipped over amongst the scrapping. Mounted copper took me out with a whack to the back of the head as he charged past. If I remember rightly there were fans going over the wall instead of paying to get in as well. (PS. I was about thirteen and got that whack for being there not what I had done, Those Barnsley Miners (With an E) were a bit big for me back then)
The rags have big support in Barnsley

Went there with Chorley as a kid,not for the faint hearted,loads of Leeds in that day,proper messy that was,scary to be honest
Was that around 84? As I think I was at that game in the frickley end . It was during a he miners strike or just after and it was like a riot . Also frickley played Rotherham in the cup and the violence that day made the national headlines .

Was that around 84? As I think I was at that game in the frickley end . It was during a he miners strike or just after and it was like a riot . Also frickley played Rotherham in the cup and the violence that day made the national headlines .

I reckon around maybe 86/87,it was mental,I knew lots of the older Chorley lads who had a right go,came worse off though that day.

I think it was FA Cup as well,and a draw,as they never sent any boys for the replay,and there was plenty Chorley waiting that night

i went to barnsley with rovers 1 night match, barnsley miners v doncaster miners, there was a riot, i had gone on the service bus as it aint far, after game it was kicking off up a hill and down the other side to the bus station, fighting in the bus station, police manage to split all the miners up and got the donny fans on about 7 buses and off we went, until we got to the out skirts of barnsley and buses got bricked in front of my bus, lads just got off bus and started again but this time there were more rovers fans then barnsley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.