Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I was there, pure violence on the Kippax, beer monsters going at it throughout the game.
Was at the game as a Wigan fan, stood on windy corner getting updates from 3 3 draw at Walsall. Didn't see any mither but had my nose bandaged Didn't tell anyone I'd got belted playing squash.

I reckon around maybe 86/87,it was mental,I knew lots of the older Chorley lads who had a right go,came worse off though that day.

I think it was FA Cup as well,and a draw,as they never sent any boys for the replay,and there was plenty Chorley waiting that night
It was the fa cup and yes you are right about the year . I was living in Doncaster at the time and we took a good 40 but the frickley miners were on another level . At the Rotherham game at least 6 people were slashed which is crazy considering it was a non league team .

It was the fa cup and yes you are right about the year . I was living in Doncaster at the time and we took a good 40 but the frickley miners were on another level . At the Rotherham game at least 6 people were slashed which is crazy considering it was a non league team .

Lad from Chorley lost top half of his ear,a few others got a good kicking,but it went off lots of one v one on mound behind one of goals,one lad I also knew ran on pitch,weird thing was it was all good banter in clubhouse before game,but as a 15 year old I was back then,it was bloody scary day

I didn't get to the replay 81 but I can tell you now full members cup final was vicious.
Some blues really earned their corn that day
I was at the Full Members and on a tube from Baker St. A Chelsea kid smashed the light over us and showered us the glass. A decent older Chelsea fan warded him off. Got to Wembley Way and another who was mouthing off at me got mullered as he came out of the tube station. Kharma.

I was at the Full Members and on a tube from Baker St. A Chelsea kid smashed the light over us and showered us the glass. A decent older Chelsea fan warded him off. Got to Wembley Way and another who was mouthing off at me got mullered as he came out of the tube station. Kharma.
We were heavily outnumbered that day. Thought our mini bus was going over at one point. The worst I’ve seen trouble wise had nothing to do with City. It was England v Scotland at Wembley in 88. My god. It was like being in the Warriors movie making our way back to where we lived!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.