Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Probably same tube I was on! Stopped in the tunnel due to fighting on the platforms at Baker Street!
Good Chance!!
The first two came in were full of Scotland and they wouldn’t open the doors, when we did get on it was mayhem. A couple of Jocks got rumbled and went under the seats they getting a right kicking as were the poor fuckers sat on the seats. Then for some reason a load of us got off at Neasden and waked the last part. Is with a load of Stoke ( mate of a mate) they were all looting shops and trashing market stalls en route

We were heavily outnumbered that day. Thought our mini bus was going over at one point. The worst I’ve seen trouble wise had nothing to do with City. It was England v Scotland at Wembley in 88. My god. It was like being in the Warriors movie making our way back to where we lived!
Don't suppose you also were down there when England played the Dutch in a friendly, can't remember the year but around the same time. The story was that the Dutch were bringing thousands and it was going to go off big time, it seemed like just about every club turned out a mob, was a midweek night game. I went down without a ticket as they were supposed to be on sale on day of the game, no chance, police wouldn't let Wembley sell them. Saw Plymouth and Derby going at it in Trafalgar Square during the afternoon, about 100 a side.
Anyway the cloggies didn't turn up, 2 double decker busses brought them in and there were literally thousands of nutters wanting to rip them to shreds, coppers had their hands full protecting just 2 busses.

I did end up getting after about 15mins play when the turnstiles were stormed, police just gave up and ordered the exit gates to be opened, everyone just piled in.

Don't suppose you also were down there when England played the Dutch in a friendly, can't remember the year but around the same time. The story was that the Dutch were bringing thousands and it was going to go off big time, it seemed like just about every club turned out a mob, was a midweek night game. I went down without a ticket as they were supposed to be on sale on day of the game, no chance, police wouldn't let Wembley sell them. Saw Plymouth and Derby going at it in Trafalgar Square during the afternoon, about 100 a side.
Anyway the cloggies didn't turn up, 2 double decker busses brought them in and there were literally thousands of nutters wanting to rip them to shreds, coppers had their hands full protecting just 2 busses.

I did end up getting after about 15mins play when the turnstiles were stormed, police just gave up and ordered the exit gates to be opened, everyone just piled in.
To be honest the Scotland game put me off England games. I was going to go to Euro 88 but changed my mind !

To be honest the Scotland game put me off England games. I was going to go to Euro 88 but changed my mind !
Remember an England , Wales game at OT Stoke and Cardiff battling all over town. Wales home games back in the eighties saw mass Cardiff , Swansea battles. Miss the mad bad old days but I am far too old for all that now and am glad match day is much more peaceful.

Went to an England game at old Trafford when wembley was being rebuilt

Pubs, tram etc full of middle aged, fat, shaven headed cockney gobshites.. won’t be going again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.